Big Pun's Daughter Star Rios dissin Fat Joe on IG (PIC)

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
You would be wrong.
I am not a playa has to easily generate seven figures given how it is programmed in the national playlist like a real dusty. Like both hits pun had are legacy records and national playlist mainstays.
If anything, the family should have the publishing records sent to their house domestically annually and the overseas spreadsheets and payout detail comes in every two years. Or you can get it online I believe now, too.

Art barr

:whoa:

i dont think he was questioning wheather or not ‘still not a playa’ can still generate

i think his main point was pun fam assuming his music is generating the same amount as big & pac

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Pun did go double plat then platinum and had gold/plat singles, A gold selling group album plus hundreds of guest features so im sure there has to be royalty checks still coming in to an extent just less than before.

not really breh

CP went plat
YB was gold for 17years (i just checked & it just went plat a few months ago)
he also has no certified gold or plat singles

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Hmm so artists can't still make money from their only album or hit single?

lol

some people in here have no gotdamn idea.

It's not like this happened at a time when music was able to be monetized in multiple fashions like it is today.

Pun been dead for 18 years... it's not like he's still out there touring off them two albums, got ringtone sales like crazy in 06-09....streaming or any of that shyt.

more importantly, we didn't see Fat Joe out there constantly squeezing Pun's catalog for whatever he could...like Diddy did with Big.

just where was this money supposed to have come from?

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
It's not like this happened at a time when music was able to be monetized in multiple fashions like it is today.

Pun been dead for 18 years... it's not like he's still out there touring off them two albums, got ringtone sales like crazy in 06-09....streaming or any of that shyt.

more importantly, we didn't see Fat Joe out there constantly squeezing Pun's catalog for whatever he could...like Diddy did with Big.

i still hear pun's music on NY urban radio to be honest..but obviously doesn't generate mucho deniro to benefit the rios family. It is something.

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
There’s artists who sold more than pun who are bankrupt TODAY

One hit and two platinum albums from over 20 years ago is not a lifetime of income.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Big Pun on WhoSampled

I admit Pun wasn't Big or Pac with numerous commercial hits or he didn't have a hit like Jump Around, Push It or Pump It Up that is played in arenas and stadiums but he should have some decent money coming in from his songs.

:what::dahell::dahell::what:

i swear they really know how to ruin a classic :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
704. Formerly 212 and 843.

According to Joe, Pun didn't have that much to squeeze because Pun wasn't the type that was constantly in the studio. Basically what we heard from Pun was he had. Plus he said Pun bought a lot of cars too. He didn't have enough commercial hits, and he wasn't worshipped like Big and was, so his music wasn't constantly sampled.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Pun daughter need to sit her pretty BBW ass down and go get a job. Sorry to say it but her father is gone and the money is dried up. Joe paid the family and so they have to learn to keep grinding and make it work. He ain't leave them any assets that would grow at least as far as we know and the royalty payments may not be substantial.

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
:whoa:

i dont think he was questioning wheather or not ‘still not a playa’ can still generate

i think his main point was pun fam assuming his music is generating the same amount as big & pac
Show us were the family said that? In fact, show us where the family said anything about money in regards to this thread. You guys created that discussion (again) based off of a tweet that said nothing about money.