Biden vs. The Supreme Court. Ready to propose term limits etc.....

concise

Veteran
Daps
I was shilling for Hillary at the time irrc. I was watching all those news shows and they definitely were not hitting on the importance of the supreme court like that. It was wall to wall coverage of Trump doing and saying stupid shyt. Or his supporters making fools of themselves,remember Paris(i think thats his name):mjlol:

If they took it as seriously as they do now,we wouldnt be where we are.

What?

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
But if you introduce term limits, you've taken away one of your reliable boogeymen to scare certain Black people to the polls. I support this and it should've been happened. I just figured the Dems would never do it. I guess at some point running a proper society takes precedence over having a boogeyman for elections.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hilary was talking about it herself breh lol...

Dont you think the article you posted agrees with me more than you:patrice:?

"I was in the room when Clinton delivered her remarks and, as someone who was often critical of the former secretary of state, I wrote that “Clinton’s speech on the importance of filling Supreme Court vacancies, and on the values and ideals that should guide judicial nominations, was a deep and detailed discussion of a fundamental responsibility of presidents.”

Yet I also noted that the speech was largely neglected, observing, “In this absurd campaign season, when media outlets devote hours of time to arguments about which Republican candidate insulted which wife, about violent and irresponsible campaign aides, about whatever soap-opera scenario comes to mind, thoughtful discussions of issues get little attention. "

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Spent nearly a whole year without even a hearing to replace Scalia, but the Supreme Court was not an issue? :childplease:

It was an issue for Republicans because they had a plan. Obviously not for the Dems as much.

Be honest,at worst Dems expected right leaning judges who still followed the law and did what was best for the country. Judges who were loyal to their party and the president to the point of crashing out is unprecedented. Im not blaming Dems for not seeing it coming. They were blinded by the tradition or naive I guess. Republicans figured out a loophole and hopped on it. There was no fear mongering about losing the court in 2016. If they made an issue of the courts they do now,we wouldnt be here. They didnt see it coming:respect:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I don't want term limits.
:hubie:

All for ethics and the ability to impeach those who violate rules but I don't want good SC justices taken off the bench because of an arbitrary term limit and replaced by a republican who happens to be president at the time. I'd rather just win elections and dominate the court.

If Congress, senate and president can have term limits so can the supreme fukkin court

Congress 2 yrs
Senate 6 years
President 4 years
Justices 10 years

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with age limits, but I think the House is the only one that should not have term limits due to the frequency of their elections.
:childplease: we can't tell congressmen to get the hell out, after 18 years? gimme a break. any congressman who's been in their seat for 20 years is a crook

9 congress terms, 3 senate terms. if you do that, you won't even need the age limit. all these dinosaurs like pelosi, grassley, mcconnell, maxine, etc, they've all been in their seats for like 30 years. it's directly the problem