Biden vs. The Supreme Court. Ready to propose term limits etc.....

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't want term limits.
:hubie:

All for ethics and the ability to impeach those who violate rules but I don't want good SC justices taken off the bench because of an arbitrary term limit and replaced by a republican who happens to be president at the time. I'd rather just win elections and dominate the court.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

All for ethics and the ability to impeach those who violate rules but I don't want good SC justices taken off the bench because of an arbitrary term limit and replaced by a republican who happens to be president at the time. I'd rather just win elections and dominate the court.

That's not how it works though. Look at since 2008. Democrats have won the General Election 3 out of the last 4 times and Conservatives still have a 6-3 majority.

It has nothing to do with "winning multiple elections"... it's about timing... We tried to tell everyone in 2016 how important that election was but some people ain't wanna listen.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Make them run for election then.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm all for Supreme Court reform. :ehh:

In fact it's such a worthy goal that Biden should step down immediately to work on this during his retirement, and let someone run in his place that's less likely to cost the Democrats Congress and make this impossible.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's not how it works though. Look at since 2008. Democrats have won the General Election 3 out of the last 4 times and Conservatives still have a 6-3 majority.

It has nothing to do with "winning elections"... it's about timing... We tried to tell everyone in 2016 how important that election was but some people ain't wanna listen.

Dems were not worried about the Supreme Courts until they lost them. That certainly wasnt the major talking point I remember from 2016.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No mention of term limits for Congress?

Tangible verdict: Rejected
jordan-michael-jordan.gif

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Shouldn't just stop at the Supreme Court.

And could something like this be codified?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Republicans will go for none of that. If you aren't willing to be aggressive from the executive branch and pack the court these proposals are pointless.
The only way Republicans can get anything passed is through the courts. The only way they get elected is through gerrymandering.

If gerrymandering is made illegal, term limits are in place, and it's easier to remove an unethical politician, you have effectively destroyed the modern conservative party. They will never win shyt again. They know it and they'll fight with any legal and illegal measures so they can keep scamming the public and tormenting minorities while pretending to care about America.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
The only way Republicans can get anything passed is through the courts. The only way they get elected is through gerrymandering.

If gerrymandering is made illegal, term limits are in place, and it's easier to remove an unethical politician, you have effectively destroyed the modern conservative party. They will never win shyt again.
Of course, but my point is you need them in order to pass these laws, and obviously that's not happening lol.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: It was absolutely a major talking point... where were you??

I was shilling for Hillary at the time irrc. I was watching all those news shows and they definitely were not hitting on the importance of the supreme court like that. It was wall to wall coverage of Trump doing and saying stupid shyt. Or his supporters making fools of themselves,remember Paris(i think thats his name):mjlol:

If they took it as seriously as they do now,we wouldnt be where we are.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was shilling for Hillary at the time irrc. I was watching all those news shows and they definitely were not hitting on the importance of the supreme court like that. It was wall to wall coverage of Trump doing and saying stupid shyt. Or his supporters making fools of themselves,remember Paris(i think thats his name):mjlol:

If they took it as seriously as they do now,we wouldnt be where we are.

Hilary was talking about it herself breh lol...