Biden and the Democrats got black farmers their money! Get paid! - 2024 UPDATE BIDEN GIVES $2 BILLION

invalid

Banned
Daps
I have my issues with ADOS, but I have to give them props for bringing this to awareness. We have to address the reluctancy of politicians to craft bills as black only.

This color blind crafting of bills nonsense is not sustainable as we need to be surgical and intentional with addressing black disparities in this country.

This needs to be addressed ASAP in this upcoming election cycle.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
fukk nikka do NOT refer to me by a fukking indian name or term. I'm NOT indian.

Your ho card been pulled along time ago, bytch!

Everybody knows you're a musty, curry eating Indian.

confused-thinking.gif

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Need based? So, this will serve the underprivileged communities?

Don't try to be slick Patel.

The Black Farmers aren't receiving the full 4 Billion that was originally earmarked specifically for them only due to the USDA's long history of discrimination.

That's "the problem." :camby:
Sick and tired of disingenuous posters on this site

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I have my issues with ADOS, but I have to give them props for bringing this to awareness. We have to address the reluctancy of politicians to craft bills as black only.

This color blind crafting of bills nonsense is not sustainable as we need to be surgical and intentional with addressing black disparities in this country.

This needs to be addressed ASAP in this upcoming election cycle.
Wrong.

This will always be a legal hurdle because the "black only" thing will never fly.

It only works with Native Americans since they literally "owned" the land and had their own country, per se.

Look up CROSON V RICHMOND. RACE ONLY POLICY will always be struck down or challenged in courts. Always.

Thats why you have to say: "people under poverty in XYZ zip codes" are eligible. You have to superficially remove the obvious intentions behind the targeted policy.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
No disrespect but don't play checkers when others are playing chess.
You got it backwards.

This is chess.

Chess is "hey we still got the money"

Checkers was going in saying "blacks only" then acting shocked (again) when white farmers stopped the bill in court. Notice, the white farmers are not still asking for the money, they just wanted to stop the bill :stopitslime:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Why does it have to be “black only”? Lineage based policy seems to be the way to go.

I’m good with black farmers getting something, though. I’ll praise this when I see stories of black American farmers receiving payment.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Don't try to be slick Patel.

The Black Farmers aren't receiving the full 4 Billion that was originally earmarked specifically for them only due to the USDA's long history of discrimination.

That's "the problem." :camby:

In response to the economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Congress passed a stimulus relief bill known as the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (“ARPA”). The ARPA is a $1.9 trillion coronavirus stimulus relief bill, $10.4 billion of which is allocated to the USDA. The agricultural provisions of the stimulus package contain specific instructions on how the USDA is to spend the relief funds. Accordingly, under those provisions, $4 billion given to the USDA will be used to provide debt relief for minority or socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers.

According to the USDA, the $4 billion ARPA funding allows the agency to “increase opportunity, advance equity and address systemic discrimination in USDA programs.” Under Section 1005 of the ARPA, Congress instructs the USDA to provide direct payments in an amount up to 120% of a socially disadvantaged farmer’s or rancher’s outstanding debt as of January 1, 2021. Of the 120% direct payment, 100% pays off a minority producer’s loan balances. The additional 20% is offered to pay the taxes and fees associated with receiving the direct loan forgiveness payment.

The ARPA specifies that the $4 billion allocation is to forgive minority or socially disadvantaged producers’ loans. The ARPA uses Section 2501(a) of the Food, Agriculture, Conservation, and Trade Act of 1990 to define “socially disadvantaged” farmers and ranchers, which is someone “who is a member of a socially disadvantaged group,” which is further defined as “a group whose members have been subjected to racial or ethnic prejudice because of their identity as members of a group without regard to their individual qualities.” Thus, according to the USDA, farmers and ranchers eligible to receive loan forgiveness include, but are not limited to: Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, Alaskan Native, Asian-American, and Pacific Islander. Under the current regulations, women are not included in this definition unless they are a member of one of the eligible groups.

In general, §1005 of the ARPA provides loan forgiveness for certain direct and guaranteed USDA loans. Direct loans are loans made directly from the USDA’s Farm Service Agency (“FSA”) to a farmer or rancher. The direct loans eligible for loan forgiveness include Conservation, Emergency, Farm Ownership, Grazing, Irrigation and Drainage, Operating, and Soil and Water, and Farm Storage Facility Loans. Guaranteed loans, on the other hand, are made by a private USDA-approved lender with the backing of the FSA. The guaranteed loans eligible under ARPA include Farm Ownership, Farm Operating, and Conservation loans. Importantly, both delinquent and current loans are eligible for debt relief under the ARPA.

While the USDA anticipates to forgive direct and guaranteed loans, the agency has decided to forgive direct loans first. On May 21, 2021, the FSA issued a notice of funding availability (“NOFA”) which contains guidance on eligibility requirements and procedures the agency will use to distribute loan forgiveness payments. The NOFA announced that the FSA will begin sending payment offer letters to socially disadvantaged producers with eligible direct loans. Additionally, the NOFA explains that the FSA will publish a separate NOFA in 120 days that addresses debt relief for guaranteed loans.

To participate in this debt relief program, eligible direct loan borrowers must return the payment offer letter they receive from the FSA. Currently, the FSA is sending letters to socially disadvantaged producers which offers a debt payoff for their direct loans. If a producer would like to participate in the debt relief program—after reviewing the letter—they must sign and return the letter to FSA. The FSA estimates it will take three weeks to process debt relief payments once the agency receives a producer’s signed letter.

While the USDA expected to start issuing debt relief payments for direct loans in early July, a group of farmers filed a lawsuit to prevent the USDA from distributing these payments.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Why does it have to be “black only”? Lineage based policy seems to be the way to go.

I’m good with black farmers getting something, though. I’ll praise this when I see stories of black American farmers receiving payment.
"history of discrimination"

Bruh you gotta remember these are bills going through revision and many hands touch these policies who don't look like you or come from where you come from. Take the deal. You won't get the perfect one.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
"history of discrimination"

Bruh you gotta remember these are bills going through revision and many hands touch these policies who don't look like you or come from where you come from. Take the deal. You won't get the perfect one.
I’ll take the deal, but in the meantime, there’s nothing wrong with trying different methods as it’s clear the way we’ve been doing things isn’t working.

Again, I’ll take this. I will applaud it once I hear of multiple black Americans receiving the funds.