Biden and the Democrats got black farmers their money! Get paid! - 2024 UPDATE BIDEN GIVES $2 BILLION

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Different history, and you know this.

Black people will never be a protected class because they're not indigenous (and miss me with with the "we were here first" ) argument. It wont hold up with anyone who is going to adjudicate this.
Sounds like you and your people aren’t willing to put in the extra work to get this done. You have accepted that it can’t be done, and that’s that. That’s fine.

I haven’t accepted that, and in these upcoming elections I will vote for politicians that are willing to keep fighting, and go the extra mile. I live here in Georgia, and have done my research on politicians here in the state. While I think Warnock has done a pretty good job, I will be writing in a candidate that’s willing to go a step further for black specific policy. I have also found a governor who’s willing to go the extra mile, and will be willing to write him in if Abrams doesn’t show she’s willing to fight. She needs my black male vote.

Again, I’m willing to accept the funds given to black farmers through this, but I believe much more can be done.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Everybody and every corporation out here with infinite lobbyists, lawyers, and accountants trying to find ways to get money out the government through every back channel they can dig up.

Meanwhile nikkas over here on some “I demand my dollars are allocated through the proper channels in a bill openly discussed and available for review 90 days before passage with a signed and notarized FOR BLACKS ONLY royal decree to be given henceforth on the 1st of every month”. :mjlol:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
The complete dearth of political knowledge on this forum is amazing. :what:

There is an entire political party whose objective is to ensure that black people get nothing at all, yet so called black people are turning their noses up at bills designed to help black people because it isn't handed to them on a plate?

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
Stop arguing like a p*ssy ass nikka tho. Its unbecoming.

This money is sitting there waiting on black farmers. Go get it.

You're a spineless Democratic lap dog of Indian descent doing a horrible job cosplaying a black person :umad:

Once again, where's the Black Farmers FULL 4 Billion that was originally earmarked specifically for them only due to the USDA's long history of discrimination, bytch?

Cotton Hill

Banned
Daps
The way the white folks got it blocked is because a court found it illegal to distribute the funds based on race.

So the whole lineage based thing has already been addressed.

Lineage and Race are not the same thing.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:wow:

Black and other minority farmers are getting $2 billion from USDA after years of discrimination
FILE - Farmer John Boyd Jr., poses for a portrait during a break from bailing hay at his farm in Boydton, Va., Thursday, May 27, 2021. (AP Photo/Steve Helber, File)
Read More
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — The Biden administration has doled out more than $2 billion in direct payments for Black and other minority farmers discriminated against by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the president announced Wednesday.

More than 23,000 farmers were approved for payments ranging from $10,000 to $500,000, according to the USDA. Another 20,000 who planned to start a farm but did not receive a USDA loan received between $3,500 and $6,000.

Most payments went to farmers in Mississippi and Alabama.

USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack told reporters that the aid “is not compensation for anyone’s loss or the pain endured, but it is an acknowledgment by the department.”

The USDA has a long history of refusing to process loans from Black farmers, approving smaller loans compared to white farmers, and in some cases foreclosing quicker than usual when Black farmers who obtained loans ran into problems.

National Black Farmers Association Founder and President John Boyd Jr. said the aid is helpful. But, he said, it’s not enough.

“It’s like putting a bandage on somebody that needs open-heart surgery,” Boyd said. “We want our land, and I want to be very, very clear about that.”

RELATED COVERAGE

Boyd is still fighting a federal lawsuit for 120% debt relief for Black farmers that was approved by Congress in 2021. Five billion dollars for the program was included in the $1.9 trillion COVID-19 stimulus package.

But the money never came. White farmers in several states filed lawsuits arguing their exclusion was a violation of their constitutional rights, which prompted judges to halt the program shortly after its passage.

Faced with the likelihood of a lengthy court battle that would delay payments to farmers, Congress amended the law and offered financial help to a broader group of farmers. A new law allocated $3.1 billion to help farmers struggling with USDA-backed loans and $2.2 billion to pay farmers who the agency discriminated against.

Wardell Carter, who is Black, said no one in his farming family got so much as access to a loan application since Carter’s father bought 85 acres (34.4 hectares) of Mississippi land in 1939. He said USDA loan officers would slam the door in his face. If Black farmers persisted, Carter said officers would have police come to their homes.

Without a loan, Carter’s family could not afford a tractor and instead used a horse and mule for years. And without proper equipment, the family could farm at most 40 acres (16.2 hectares) of their property — cutting profits.

When they finally received a bank loan to buy a tractor, Carter said the interest rate was 100%.

Boyd said he’s watched as his loan applications were torn up and thrown in the trash, been called racial epithets, and was told to leave in the middle of loan meetings so the officer could speak to white farmers.

“We face blatant, in-your-face, real discrimination,” Boyd said. “And I did personally. The county person who was making farm loans spat tobacco juice on me during a loan session.”

At age 65, Carter said he’s too old to farm his land. But he said if he receives money through the USDA program, he will use it to get his property in shape so his nephew can begin farming on it again. Carter said he and his family want to pitch in to buy his nephew a tractor, too.