Biden about to come through on his word...forgiving 10K in student loans

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He said he'd do 10k and seemingly is about to do it so daps to Biden although this doesn't benefit me (my shyt is paid off). I do wonder about the implications of this going forward. The legal game going on has been interesting to watch. On one hand some argued the president doesn't have the authority to eliminate large portions of the debt, on the other hand Trump delayed payments and now Biden has essentially been delaying them nonstop. He's paused/delayed it multiple times...theoretically he could pause it for his entire first term right? Likewise if you can eliminate 10k in debt with the waiving of a pen, you can eliminate 50k. Or 100k. Or all. I'm not advocating that, just thinking about where this could go in the future. Will this become a staple of political party platforms? Will future democrat candidates be promising to eliminate 10k or more if they win the White House? Will it be a yearly thing, or a one-time thing during each term?

Basically where do you stop, and how do voters react.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
He said he'd do 10k and seemingly is about to do it so daps to Biden although this doesn't benefit me (my shyt is paid off). I do wonder about the implications of this going forward. The legal game going on has been interesting to watch. On one hand some argued the president doesn't have the authority to eliminate large portions of the debt, on the other hand Trump delayed payments and now Biden has essentially been delaying them nonstop. He's paused/delayed it multiple times...theoretically he could pause it for his entire first term right? Likewise if you can eliminate 10k in debt with the waiving of a pen, you can eliminate 50k. Or 100k. Or all. I'm not advocating that, just thinking about where this could go in the future. Will this become a staple of political party platforms? Will future democrat candidates be promising to eliminate 10k or more if they win the White House? Will it be a yearly thing, or a one-time thing during each term?

Basically where do you stop, and how do voters react.

He said during the campaign that over 10 would require Congress but 10 and under can be done through E.O.

i haven't read up on what the actual law is

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I aint ever paid one student loan. They already dropped like 40k of mine outta pure frustration.
No one is forgiving 40k in student loans outta frustration. :skip:
Did you go to a scam for profit school like ITT tech? Federal loans to some of those for profit colleges are the only loans that have been forgiven so far.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Wait did that shyt say 50k

K1u.gif