Beyonce To Write And Star As Saartjie Baartman In New Movie

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
she gone write a script for a movie but doesn't even really write her own damn songs :martin:

and yes, i know she gets writers credit on her songs but you really think she be writin' like that? :usure::francis:

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
On the real, she could have did an empowering movie; maya angelou, ida b wells, madam cj walker and etc., but this is another slave movie. Sounds like some clown shyt.

Beyonce just isn't fit for the role....if she asked someone like Jasmine Sullivan to play the role then I could be like :ehh:

I think it hurts me a little because this was not some black woman looking for a come up, trying to be a historical video vixen, or looking to be a insta thot back then. She was taken advantage of and thrown away. I mean does Beyonce know that she has to have short kinky hair to even play this role? :stopitslime: I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that. I just don't want a woman that most do not know about to be made into a complete mockery when she already lived a life full of pain...

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
She's perceived as a 'queen' by the media and her legion of fans. She is nicknamed, "Queen B".

The letter to the first lady shows her lack of education.

.....seriously what was the point of your post?
it was agreeing with what you were saying. the problem is that people feed into her bs so much that when you say otherwise you get labled as hating. wasn't no disrespect towards you at all

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I wish she would do a movie about:
Zora Neale Hurston
A movie about Assata would really piss of some folks lol
I would like to see period pieces, like a movie about about early 40s Harlem and the 1960 olympics.
She could play Billie Holliday and Wilma Rudolph (hope my history is correct) respectively.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Beyonce going forward with this movie will be a low point in African-American history. This is in the same sphere as Berry Gordy selling Motown, Michael Jackson bleaching his skin, Bob Johnson selling BET, east coast-west coast beef, and Sidney Poitier marrying a white chick.

It's mostly boys who post here not men.
Shut the fukk up u fronting ass cac
Didn't u get banned for calling me a ****** in my rep?

You're a black militant now?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
seriously a movie about slavery is made YEARLY but how come a movie is never made about the holocaust is made YEARLY. These dumb nikkas always rush out to support these shytty movies as well i cant even remember the last moive about slavery i have even seen haven't even watched django or 12 years of slavery. what people need to remember imagery is very important and these is a reason a movie about black being treated like shyt
I hope you're joking because there are a lot of Holocaust movies
And there are slave movies because it pushes it into the faces of White people, who would act like they forgot slavery was a thing if you didn't remind them every 5 minutes of it.
A lot of them also have Black directors and writers.
Are you forgetting that Black people were enslaved in the US for longer than we've been free?
The shyt is well over 50% of our history in the US.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas calling a Sarah Baartman movie a "slave movie" are the main ones that need to see it.
While I agree 100% that Beyonce should have absolutely nothing to do with it, and there was already a movie as well as multiple documentaries on it.
Its clear that most Black people, as well as the population at large, have no clue who she is, or why this was important.
She was never even in the US :comeon:

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
First of all a movie about this sister has already been made. We don't need another one. Second of all we have more than enough slave movies. The only slave movie I want to see is a Nat Turner movie. When are we going to get a Mansa Musa movie or movies based on African empires?

Neverary 32nd, 1999

A movie on the Candace of Meroe would be dope. Shorty held off Alexander the Great from conquering Nubia, showed up to the war front riding an elephant. Nah. Let's have more slavery movies though and movies that indirectly show how dominant Europe was over us :mjpls: