Beyonce To Write And Star As Saartjie Baartman In New Movie

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally don't want to see anymore low points in our history, until I see triumphant ones on the big screen
seriously a movie about slavery is made YEARLY but how come a movie is never made about the holocaust is made YEARLY. These dumb nikkas always rush out to support these shytty movies as well i cant even remember the last moive about slavery i have even seen haven't even watched django or 12 years of slavery. what people need to remember imagery is very important and these is a reason a movie about black being treated like shyt

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
More like Beyonce to get writers credit and put her self in the a movie she funded.

This is why Beyonce gets on my nerves when she gets into movies because she imposes her self into stuff. It makes me question if she actually cares about the story being told or just wants the praise for doing a serious drama. She has to know shes not best person for this role and could easily give that role to an break out black actress. She could still produce and over see the project even give directing a shot. Here she has to funds and name to really bring an untold story to light and but it just seems like she wants to rake up on credits.

Last edited:

BlkAxeMan

Pro
Daps
Seriously.

Who the fvck is funding this crap?

orthodox-jew-sign-vector-1494165.jpg
orthodox-jew-sign-vector-1494165.jpg
enhanced-17159-1423068265-32.jpg

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Good for her.

This site hates black women and Jay z....so i expect alot of slander in this thread.

Article says she hired a bunch of acting coaches and writers but these idiots acting as if she doing this shyt dolo

Let her cook

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
on one hand, maybe. but hopefully this could be educational, and put this injection fad in context to young black girls, specifically. Saraa Barttmans story should be told.

Look at what these sick neanderthals did

She died on 29 December 1815 of an undetermined[45] inflammatory ailment, possibly smallpox,[46][47] while other sources suggest she contracted syphilis,[3] or pneumonia. A dissection was conducted, and published by French anatomist Henri Marie Ducrotay de Blainville in 1816, and republished by French naturalist Georges Cuvier in the Memoires du Museum d'Histoire Naturelle in 1817. Cuvier, who had met Baartman, notes in his monograph that its subject was an intelligent woman with an excellent memory, particularly for faces. In addition to her native tongue, she spoke fluent Dutch, passable English, and a smattering of French. He describes her shoulders and back as "graceful", arms "slender", hands and feet as "charming" and "pretty". He adds she was adept at playing the jew's harp,[48] could dance according to the traditions of her country, and had a lively personality.[49] Despite this, he interpreted her remains, in accordance with his theories on racial evolution, as evidencing ape-like traits. He thought her small ears were similar to those of an orangutan and also compared her vivacity, when alive, to the quickness of a monkey.[5] Her skeleton, preserved genitals and brain were placed on display in Paris' Musée de l'Homme[50] until 1974, when they were removed from public view and stored out of sight; a cast was still shown[51] for the following two years.

I already know about here story; but we as blacks can not have a story of empowerment not us being in slaved again and again. White people love movies like this; they love seeing us enslaved and showing us being nothing, and being treated worst than animals

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
First of all a movie about this sister has already been made. We don't need another one. Second of all we have more than enough slave movies. The only slave movie I want to see is a Nat Turner movie. When are we going to get a Mansa Musa movie or movies based on African empires?

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
First of all a movie about this sister has already been made. We don't need another one. Second of all we have more than enough slave movies. The only slave movie I want to see is a Nat Turner movie. When are we going to get a Mansa Musa movie or movies based on African empires?
Don't even have to be a biography. Give me some african fantasy shyt and the wallet is opening.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Go make one then
What the fukk is stopping you??