Beyoncé shoehorning her career into country music is embarrassing and disrespectful.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
How many CAC artist pick up Hiphop and use it as a platform to get their name out there and rolling??

I think doing a genre of music you aren't necessarily attached to is kinda corny and dikk riding but at the same time morally I have no issues with it cuz it comes down to whether the music is good or not.
difference is their fanbase listens to rap.
which is why it works for folks like Post Malone

Beyonce fans forcing themselves to like Country Music by saying "black people invented Country" :mjlol:

thats cope

we also invented Jazz and The Blues but how many black folks under 40 listen to either genre?

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
When Darius Rucker did it, he had to earn the fans respect. He basically built a new fan base and wanted to be treated like a legit country artist.

What Beyoncé doing is different. It’s not the same. It appears she’s singing R&B lyrics over country instrumentals and calling it country music.

I don't think Beyoncé wants to be a true country music artist, like Darius Rucker longed to, she just wants to do another genre of music to challenge herself.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

Beyonce fans forcing themselves to like Country Music by saying "black people invented Country" :mjlol:

thats cope

we also invented Jazz and The Blues but how many black folks under 40 listen to either genre?
:russ:So where does that “I usually don’t listen to _____ but I like said white artist” rhetoric comes from?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You can tell posters in this thread don't rock with country music like that because country music fans have no issues bytching and complaining about the current artist in their genre not being "traditional country" so Beyonce will be just fine :mjlol:

With that being said and I mentioned it a few days ago, if posters think that this will help her get that AOTY then they are going to mistaken as only 4 country albums have done so and the last one wasn't even a traditional country album and more so pop.

She's experimenting with something that the women in that genre are trying to move away from to get more notoriety and be taken serious as artist. They want that pop artist money and being high on the charts.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Honestly the song was kinda bad mainly because it seemed like low quality production. But I did feel she had a future with country. She has the right voice for it. How she does well.

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road

thats cope

I listen to Jazz daily and Blues....

Louis and Muddy

Nina and Billie

Fats and BB