Beyoncé gets 0 CMA nominations despite having the #1 Country song this year

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Are they really paving the way tho? Besides Darius Rucker, who are the other mainstream black country artists?

Beyonce featured some of the lesser known black country music artists on her album and gave them the platform they needed for a national push.
Kane Brown (white mom, but still is black), Blanco Brown, Mickey Guyton, War and Treaty, Breland. Just because they don't have a #1 like Shaboozey does, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't mainstream.

Jimmie Allen was part of that list until he fukked it up cheating on his wife and have multiple side kids and now out here performing at bowling alleys.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
It's called "gatekeeping"
something we should do more of ourselves. If they don't see everyone as people, why should we? Until we have the means to change the game, I'm playing the game the exact same way they do cause it works for them.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
The country album move was thirsty and she isn’t really that relevant musically anymore. She can tour all day but her music is underwhelming these days.

It’s been underwhelming for damn near 20 years. Musically speaking.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
She should just keep doing what she does. No need to seek validation from others. Just put out what you like to make, or your audience wants to buy.

King Poetic

Sagittarius KingPin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
As long as you get nominated at the BET AWARDS or other black award shows be happy

Oops i forget going to/attending those shows and getting those awards in person is not good enough these days

Need that white acceptance folks be crying about

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Lets be honest this was a public flogging they wanted to humble this powerful famous black woman for having the audacity to have a record and it be succesful and top their own charts, they are signalling that country music is a good ol boys country club

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Eh, it's gatekeepery but I get it

Her whole stance for the album was kind of throwing shade at the genre and she only invited the progressive darlings (Dolly, Willie, Miley and Post) as features. The whole project was some fairweather shyt

I doubt she'll continue making that kind of music anyways. CMA will be on some racist bullshyt easily, but this ain't a hill worth dying on IMO

The "why didn't Beyonce receive this or that award" discourse is nauseating online. She'll be fine

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's called "gatekeeping"
something we should do more of ourselves. If they don't see everyone as people, why should we? Until we have the means to change the game, I'm playing the game the exact same way they do cause it works for them.
CURRY FOR 3. BANG!!! :whew: