Beyoncé gets 0 CMA nominations despite having the #1 Country song this year

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Despite the fact that Beyonce's Country album & the main single debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 & Hot 100 charts, they both came & went on the charts. The singles didn't make any noise & weren't a factor on radio. Based on how much hype this Beyonce project garnered when it dropped, I'd consider this whole 2024 Country album era from her a flop. It didn't deserve a nomination.

:mjlol: How can anyone cry about Beyonce's lack of CMA nominations when you compare her to the legit success someone like Shaboozy is actually having this year?
:mjpls:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Lets be honest. Her album was just another genre for her to play with and discard. There is always a cynical undertone to how she does albums these days.

If she made another country album I bet you she'd get a nom next year but we know she won't be doing that.

Shaboozey got nominated and is a better country artist.

Looking at the other artists nominated I'd find it hard to put Beyonce over them

:yeshrug:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Fucc these cacs.
2.. I wish she would keep dropping country albums on they ass until they have no choice but to recognize

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Weren’t her fans touting that this wasn’t a country album but a Beyoncé album in the first place? Why is she so desperate for white folks approval? The Jay speech now this seems beneath someone of her fame to be begging
You created that.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Shaboozey and War & Treaty are eating. There may be a couple other black folks out there too. I liked Cowboy Carter but I knew they would do her dirty. Now it’s up to BET and them to help her out. We will see what The Grammy’s will do too.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They’re gate keeping Country yet we let white boys and Arabs run rampant in hip hop. Make it make sense.

Dr. Umar speaks on it

How much impact did the songs/album have on country music? Seems like she got that because her stans supported it heavy skewing the numbers. Should this be rewarded?

Majority of her stans don’t even listen to that album anymore. Hell they don’t even listen to country lol

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
How much impact did the songs/album have on country music? Seems like she got that because her stans supported it heavy skewing the numbers. Should this be rewarded?

Majority of her stans don’t even listen to that album anymore. Hell they don’t even listen to country lol
None whatsoever. It helped benefit Shaboozey more than anything. Cats were going on that "take back the genre stick" and went right back to not caring about country music.

It didn't help matters that she didn't bother about promoting the album or going all-in. People like to clown Post Malone for being a culture vulture, but at least he's genuinely embracing that genre and going on tour to promote it.

At some point, her and her team are going to have to realize that she's going to have to start helping out in promoting her own shyt as just the name and allure isn't enough to do it these days.