Beyoncé gets 0 CMA nominations despite having the #1 Country song this year

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
None whatsoever. It helped benefit Shaboozey more than anything. Cats were going on that "take back the genre stick" and went right back to not caring about country music.

It didn't help matters that she didn't bother about promoting the album or going all-in. People like to clown Post Malone for being a culture vulture, but at least he's genuinely embracing that genre and going on tour to promote it.

At some point, her and her team are going to have to realize that she's going to have to start helping out in promoting her own shyt as just the name and allure isn't enough to do it these days.
that culture vulture was a failed country artist that used rap to get eyes on him to go back to what he wanted to do and don't forget that he made sure to let us know at all times that Rap was nonsensical and unimportant to him

the way the white people just lay it out in the open and yet some still fall for it is amazing. dude was barely ever a rapper on top of it all. he was singing all along. just switched beats.

this POS ain't the guy to be using as an example of what to do...
:gucci:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
that culture vulture was a failed country artist that used rap to get eyes on him to go back to what he wanted to do and don't forget that he made sure to let us know at all times that Rap was nonsensical and unimportant to him

the way the white people just lay it out in the open and yet some still fall for it is amazing. dude was barely ever a rapper on top of it all. he was singing all along. just switched beats.

this POS ain't the guy to be using as an example of what to do...
:gucci:
That's actually not a true statement and it's hilarious that people keep peddling that narrative out there.

He dipped his toes in rock and heavy metal before he transitioned to rap.

How many artist can you say out here these days have a #1 album in 4 different genres?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's actually not a true statement and it's hilarious that people keep peddling that narrative out there.

He dipped his toes in rock and heavy metal before he transitioned to rap.

How many artist can you say out here these days have a #1 album in 4 different genres?
and that's the point he was not in no different genres just because he autotuned his vocals. you really wanna act like this clown is some amazing artist of the times :laff:

dude is the most perfect representation of current mediocrity in music

"dipped his toes" he couldn't do them as easily as that style of garbage rap he was doing which required no effort.

please don't use this clown as a mark of achievement when he is just white privilege. muthafuka failed upwards. flopped out of several genres. that's not achievement. he should have never been listen in rap in the first place :dead:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
and that's the point he was not in no different genres just because he autotuned his vocals. you really wanna act like this clown is some amazing artist of the times :laff:

dude is the most perfect representation of current mediocrity in music

"dipped his toes" he couldn't do them as easily as that style of garbage rap he was doing which required no effort.

please don't use this clown as a mark of achievement when he is just white privilege. muthafuka failed upwards. flopped out of several genres. that's not achievement. he should have never been listen in rap in the first place :dead:
If that achievement wasn't that easy to do as you make it sound, then why haven't other artist done it?

Especially since you're essentially saying its easy these days to move to other genres and have success.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None whatsoever. It helped benefit Shaboozey more than anything. Cats were going on that "take back the genre stick" and went right back to not caring about country music.

It didn't help matters that she didn't bother about promoting the album or going all-in. People like to clown Post Malone for being a culture vulture, but at least he's genuinely embracing that genre and going on tour to promote it.

At some point, her and her team are going to have to realize that she's going to have to start helping out in promoting her own shyt as just the name and allure isn't enough to do it these days.
You’re on point with exception to Post.

He needs to go all in as he’s done in rap. Beyoncé knows she always has R&B plus her stans will support no matter the quality.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If it was that easy to do as you make it sound, then why haven't other artist done it?
he didn't do it... that's the fukking point. just because they list him in other genres he doesn't belong in doesn't mean he achieved something so we not marking those as achievements when they won't do it for other people. that's privilege. he made pop music with hip hop sensibilities now he doing pop music with country sensibilities. When Tyler the creator made a pop album with hip hop sensibilities and called out the Grammys for putting him in rap category brehs was mute. Tyler wanted album of the year not rap album of the year and he deserved it. So don't tell me other artists have not done it. they have. Black Eyed peas did rap, pop, a whole bossanova sergio mente album. why ain't you talking about them? dude is not exceptional on any level he is white mediocrity exalted

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You’re on point with exception to Post.

He needs to go all in as he’s done in rap. Beyoncé knows she always has R&B plus her stans will support no matter the quality.
If you're going to go the country route, then you have to embrace and not just treat it as blip in your music career. It's why a cat like Nelly still gets treated like a superstar by them country people even with him being washed in other genres.

Them country white chicks would love to rub hands with Beyonce as they want that crossover appeal and those awards shows would gladly have her if she wanted to perform.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
he didn't do it... that's the fukking point. just because they list him in other genres he doesn't belong in doesn't mean he achieved something so we not marking those as achievements when they won't do it for other people. that's privilege. he made pop music with hip hop sensibilities now he doing pop music with country sensibilities. When Tyler the creator made a pop album with hip hop sensibilities and called out the Grammys for putting him in rap category brehs was mute. Tyler wanted album of the year not rap album of the year and he deserved it. So don't tell me other artists have not done it. they have. Black Eyed peas did rap, pop, a whole bossanova sergio mente album. why ain't you talking about them? dude is not exceptional on any level he is white mediocrity exalted
I'm talking about the billboard charts.You're talking about the Grammy's. Stick to the subject at hand and now moving the goalpost :mjlol:

I never once said the album should be nominated for a Grammy. What I said is that he embraced country music and going on tour to promote his album and not treating like a blip on the radar in his career.

Artist crossing over into other genres has been having in music for longest of the times even if people didn't agree with it. Hell, even Smokey Robinson said that a lot of those Motown songs that people love weren't exactly R&B :mjlol:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm talking about the billboard charts.You're talking about the Grammy's. Stick to the subject at hand and now moving the goalpost :mjlol:

I never once said the album should be nominated for a Grammy. What I said is that he embraced country music and going on tour to promote his album and not treating like a blip on the radar in his career.

Artist crossing over into other genres has been having in music for longest of the times even if people didn't agree with it. Hell, even Smokey Robinson said that a lot of those Motown songs that people love weren't exactly R&B :mjlol:
same difference

he didn't have to embrace shyt that was where he wanted to be. i can literally pull my own posts from this forum and the time his first singles dropped I predicted this shyt day one he was going to country. a blind man could have seen the play
:russell:

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
That album was fire. Shame on the committee for not recognizing the artistry. I think Ray Charles shook the buildings up when he dropped his classic country album and cacs got on code and said never again. Hopefully this doesn't discourage artists from stepping out of their comfort zones.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
same difference

he didn't have to embrace shyt that was where he wanted to be. i can literally pull my own posts from this forum and the time his first singles dropped I predicted this shyt day one he was going to country. a blind man could have seen the play
:russell:
And country music fans could have easily told him to fukk outta here like they did with Miley and JT when they tried it :mjlol:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That album was fire. Shame on the committee for recognizing the artistry. I think Ray Charles shook the buildings up when he dropped his classic country album and cacs got on code and said never again. Hopefully this doesn't discourage artists from stepping out of their comfort zones.
It shouldn't considering that other black country artist over the years have been in the genre and paving the way even before Beyonce.

If anything, it would discourage black women from trying to step into the genre altogether.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
It shouldn't considering that other black country artist over the years have been in the genre and paving the way even before Beyonce.

If anything, it would discourage black women from trying to step into the genre altogether.
Are they really paving the way tho? Besides Darius Rucker, who are the other mainstream black country artists?

Beyonce featured some of the lesser known black country music artists on her album and gave them the platform they needed for a national push.