Between now and 2025 can EA Games or Activision make something in the “Grand Theft Auto clone” genre? Perhaps revamping Godfather or True Crime

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Are you legit asking if they can develop that in two years?

I don’t even wanna think of what bullshyt EA and Ubisoft would put out to compete with GTA, if given real dev time. The first word that comes to mind is monetization.

There’s a reason R* is the only group to consistently put all the effort and resources into this

Prob would have toll highways in the game that you actually have to pay :mjlol:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Are you legit asking if they can develop that in two years?

I don’t even wanna think of what bullshyt EA and Ubisoft would put out to compete with GTA. The first word that comes to mind is monetization.

There’s a reason R* is the only group to consistently put all the effort and resources into this

Not enough money in circulation to handle a Ubisoft vs TakeTwo in a monetization Versus :lolbron:

7 different SKUs for the same game vs full blown storefront in the pause menu on launch day :whew:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
So we got no open-world games on the way?

I actually would look forward to even a poorly done rendition from EA with car ads and Amazon and Gatorade ads

Daps
i don't think this is a disruptive business opportunity, anything put out to be compared would only be looked at harsher and probably lessen the value of the company that makes it. Big risk

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Prob would have toll highways in the game that you actually have to pay :mjlol:
Gas tanks you gotta fill up and all that shyt :pachaha:

Not enough money in circulation to handle a Ubisoft vs TakeTwo in a monetization Versus :lolbron:

7 different SKUs for the same game vs full blown storefront in the pause menu on launch day :whew:
Ubi GTA would be the most sterile, corporate crime-action game of all time :francis:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
to truly appreciate great pizza one must’ve experienced the whole spectrum of pizza quality

a competitor is s good thing. Didn’t Microsoft just partner with Activision and aren’t there rumors of a Sony/GTA 6 partnership?

if EA had me heading the department to oversee development of this game I would start like this

hyper-realistic graphics

placement revenue from automanufacturers who want to be featured and to have ad - this will mean something stupid like cars can’t be depicted as damaged or in a negative light. oh well :manny: we probably already have these companies on the line for Need for Speed, we will need some of that team and sone of the Godfather team

we‘re going to sell real world advertisements in game and in the online experience

^ bam that’s revenue

next … setting is a small highly detailed town that is well-populated but surrounded by vast openness (think something like Barstow or Baker, CA. we compete with Rockstar by infringing on their market share, offering more bang for buck in online experience and delivering in an annualized cycle.

borrow physics players are familiar with via Madden

somebody get EA on the line, I’ll highly motivated to get this done so I will give you 20%

the idea is to take revenue on annualized basis while Rockstar tends to it’s 10 year product cycle

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah, you thinking small. fukk a storefront in the pause menu.

How about you pay to unpause and resume play? :mjgrin:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Isn't that basically watch_dogs?
oprah-winfrey-shrug.gif

That’s probably the closest modern GTA-clone outside of Saints Row. Both of them mfs are probably dead