Between now and 2025 can EA Games or Activision make something in the “Grand Theft Auto clone” genre? Perhaps revamping Godfather or True Crime

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I don’t think any dev is willing to take the financial risk to build a true GTA competitor and anything “lesser” would never get a fair shake unless they did something truly unique with the setting/characters

You either go all in and try to compete with THE biggest video game ever with an insane amount of cultural cache or make something with a smaller budget that’s most likely going to get downplayed due to the direct comparison. You’re always gonna be the Clippers being compared to the Lakers

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you legit asking if they can develop that in two years?

I don’t even wanna think of what bullshyt EA and Ubisoft would put out to compete with GTA, if given real dev time. The first word that comes to mind is monetization.

There’s a reason R* is the only group to consistently put all the effort and resources into this

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Man I had fun with the first True Crime, never played the second one.

NY was ight - it just ran and looked like shyt but had some cool ideas. lmao, I remember getting a call to break up a fight and it was a bunch of cosplayers and I crashed my motorcycle and my arm or head came off lol

Sleeping Dogs is fuego though