• The Answer

Votes: 52 53.1%

• Total voters

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This isn’t a fair comparison

The Coli doesn’t have the ability to be completely objective. So comparing one of the most disliked players to one of the most beloved players will never work.

Literally everyone hates CP3 to some degree, they will never give him his flowers.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AI

Chris Paul could have made multiple finals if his ass would have taken more shots instead of just being a facilitator
Maybe but his size limited him as a scorer in a way. He had to work hard for his buckets, he didn't have the type of athleticism to get to the basket at will, he was more of a technician. There were games especially with the clippers where dude should've really been more aggressive

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This isn’t a fair comparison

The Coli doesn’t have the ability to be completely objective. So comparing one of the most disliked players to one of the most beloved players will never work.

Literally everyone hates CP3 to some degree, they will never give him his flowers.

You're right, so I do want to share my favorite Chris Paul story. Hard not to get emotional at this one.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game 7, my life depending on it, give me AI.Fukk all the other menial statistical bullshyt.Seen CP3's heart shrink one too many times.He can have the "Look Pretty On Paper" trophy.Again, give me AI :hubie:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Game 7, my life depending on it, give me AI.Fukk all the other menial statistical bullshyt.Seen CP3's heart shrink one too many times.He can have the "Look Pretty On Paper" trophy.Again, give me AI :hubie:

:mjlol:

This is another one of those bullshyt narrative claims that don't have jack shyt to do with reality.

Game 7 against the defending champ Spurs, playing on a pulled hammy that had his stride visibly hampered all game, he goes 9-13 for 27 points and 6 assists, 18 of them in the 2nd half, and hits the game-winner with 1 second left over Tim Duncan.

Game 6 against the Clippers in the Western Conference Finals, CP3 goes 16-24 for 41 points and 8 assists, including an absolutely dominant 20 points in 8 minutes late that put his team in the Finals.

Game 6 against the Pelicans that same year, CP3 went 14-14 for 33 points and 8 assists, including 10 points and 3 assists in a come-from-behind 4th quarter that put the series away.

Game 7 against the Warriors, CP3 goes 8-15 for 22 points and 14 assists plus 4 steals to send Steph Curry home, including 15 points and 8 assists leading the Clippers to a 70-point second half after they'd gone into halftime down 8.

After going down 2-0 and 3-2 against the Rockets in a series that NO ONE thought they had any business competing in, CP3 willed the baby Thunder to a Game 6 win with 28 points on 10-20 shooting, including back-to-back threes that tied the game with 3 minutes left and the game-winning free throws with 13 seconds left.

(He put up 19-11-12 in the Game 7 to nearly lead them to the series win, but a very young Shai turned over the inbound pass late.)

Down 3-2 to the Jazz, Chris Paul scored 29 points and 8 assists on 10-20 shooting to force Game 7.

37 points and 7 assists to eliminate Jokic and the Nuggets

First year with Harden, the Rockets had gone up 2-1 only for Harden to go into his typical funk with back-to-back 8 for 22 games. CP3 saved the team, going 12-23 for 27-12-6 in Game 4 followed by an insane 41-7-10 on just 22 shots in Game 5

Chris Paul doesn't have a perfect playoff record by any means. But he's shown up a lot, especially in recent years. Does AI have more than 3-4 games like that where he balled out for the win late in a series?

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
This a type of question you can’t answer unless you lived to see both. Stats and shyt only works when you compare people from the same era. Even I feel too young to correctly judge AI and he was my favorite player as a teen.

But just based on how he changed the game I’ll say AI. But it’s not by much, especially when you consider defense

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
This a type of question you can’t answer unless you lived to see both. Stats and shyt only works when you compare people from the same era. Even I feel too young to correctly judge AI and he was my favorite player as a teen.

But just based on how he changed the game I’ll say AI. But it’s not by much, especially when you consider defense
I’ve seen both….hell, I’ve seen damn near every player that gets debated on this site.:flabbynsick: Trust me…this isn’t nearly as close as the poll suggests. Chris Paul is better. Someone said earlier….Iverson was more influential and liked (by black people), but Paul is the better player.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I'll give slight edge to Chris Paul because he also played defense and had a way longer career. Chris was a more team oriented player who could provide you more playmaking duties and was capable of co-existing with bunch of stars. Iverson was more of a player who gets you buckets, a lot. But it wasn't easy to find him a second star to team up. Plus once he got past his prime he should have accepted the bench role. We can blame teams for being bunch of a$$holes and not signing him up, but when he got traded to Detroit, it became obvious the guy was past his prime.

Yeah yeah Iverson won the MVP one time it was incredible year for him, but people gass that award up a little bit. Shaq was a monster in 2nd half of the season after he missed a few games and we know Shaq was the best player in the league in 2001.

See Iverson also had plenty of early playoff exits just like Paul, or not even making the playoffs in some of his prime years. In a weak eastern conference. CP3 did his playoff choking against legit squads in the west. Both guys had injuries that stopped them from achieving more success.

When Iverson got traded to Denver and player for a pretty good squad, them dudes had two very quick 1st round exits against championship contenders. Then the Detroit thing, while Chauncey helped Denver go to conference finals.

Chris still got All NBA selection in his 17th or 16th season. Iverson no longer made All NBA after his 10th season. Longevity at the top group of players is clearly on Chris Paul side.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
You're talking like those dudes were elite running mates :russ:

I'll never shyt on Melo. That's my guy :yeshrug:

David West was putting up 21 and 8 back then, All Star two years in a row and was routinely on the lists of best big men in the league. Tyson was getting DPOY votes every year and Peja was an elite shooter.

You nikkas STAY with the revisionist fukking history....like there's any excuse to lose by 58 fukking points in the playoffs.