NULL
Saul>Walter
Kim>Sklyar
Nacho>Jesse
Main character Mike>Side character Mike
Main character Gus> side character Gus
No Walt Jr> Walt Jr
Lalo> any BB villain
BCS got the humor, thrill and suspense on lock. Saul is a much more interesting character then Walter.

Last edited:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope. Saul is more of a slow burner with lots of dialogue and buildup.

Breaking Bad was hitting us upside the head every episode with nonstop piff

Saul is Alien. Breaking Bad is Aliens
Breaking bad isn’t a slow burn? Breh you got to rewatch the show. shyt is a stupid slow burn

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I for one can't choose. Totally depends on my mood. BCS has the more interesting main character, BB has the better overall world building and side characters. If I'm in the mood for faster paced intensity, I'll go BB. If I want the slower methodical I'll go BCS.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Nope. Saul is more of a slow burner with lots of dialogue and buildup.

Breaking Bad was hitting us upside the head every episode with nonstop piff

Saul is Alien. Breaking Bad is Aliens
Exactly how I feel. Took Till season 3 to be hooked on saul. BB got me in the first episode.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Plot twist... It's all the same show. It's not like a Game of Thrones. The spinoff will have none of the same characters, the stories do not relate because they are 1000s of years apart, new writers, show runners, crew, all that..

I don't see how you can possibly rate Saul better when all the characters are from BB. All the plots are leading to already made plots. Besides a few things, they really don't have to world build or character build or even plot build a majority of the show. They're also starting off with the crew/cast being 10-15 years more experienced on set.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I saw it broken down like this and it's perfect description.

Breaking Bad is a plot driven show with excellent characters, and Better Call Saul is a character driven show with an excellent plot.

I'm actually enjoying Saul more. I don't know if I'd say it's a better show or not. I don't think it's as ground breaking or innovative maybe, but fukk...the whole creative team has just mastered their craft. The cinematography is absolutely out of this world, and they're able to really indulge themselves in taking their time with telling a slow burn story and connecting things. Odenkirk, Rhea, and Mando all give powerhouse performances too. I find Jimmy and Nacho to be more relatable than Walt and Jeese as well, for whatever reason.

I'll probably never say it's better than Breaking Bad, but I enjoy seasons 4 and 5 of BCS as much as any season of BrBa. I do think the slower seasons on BCS are maybe a little sower than the slower seasons on BrBa.

BCS is a very nuanced show, and I absolutely love it. Somehow both shows really make each other better. Some people might say it's better if they really nail the ending, and no matter what I think, I probably wouldn't argue with them.

It's a close call IMO.