Bethesda turned down Obsidian's proposal to develop more spin-offs of Elder Scrolls and Fallout

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Mfs defending Fallout 3 & 4:mjtf:

That's how I know this forum had a high percentage of :flabbynsick: gamers.
Fallout 3 won GOTY and Fallout 4 was the runner up and sold 20 million plus i don't need to defend shyt but to remind you New Vegas peasants what the deal is :mjgrin:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Now that they're under the same roof maybe they work out their differences.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Fallout 3 won GOTY and Fallout 4 was the runner up and sold 20 million plus i don't need to defend shyt but to remind you New Vegas peasants what the deal is :mjgrin:

Breh are you going off of goty awards from gaming magazines in 2008 and console sales to determine the quality of a rpg in 2023?:what:

FO4 was an drop in everything except gun play and even that was flawed and buggy.

What they did to the dialogue system alone should put it next to 76 as the worst Fallout game. Outer Worlds isn't perfect, but it understands that searching trash cans and shooting scorpions is secondary to world building and well written characters.

NPC AI, POWER ARMOR, Crafting and enemy Varity of the entire franchise

@King Sun This quote tells us everything we need to know:francis: dude reminds me of my friend in high school that would play fallout 4 by collecting all the different guns to shoot enemies, had no idea what the game was about. Don't get me wrong, that play style is valid if that's how you have fun, but don't try to have a conversation about the quality of the games.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fallout 4 has the best side activity, exploration, dungeons, Companions, NPC AI, POWER ARMOR, Crafting and enemy Varity of the entire franchise :mjtf:
:mjlol: that's okay if you feel that way but literally all of the vaults and locations were cut and paste:what:.
What they did to the dialogue system alone should put it next to 76 as the worst Fallout game. Outer Worlds isn't perfect, but it understands that searching trash cans and shooting scorpions is secondary to world building and well written characters.

@King Sun This quote tells us everything we need to know:francis: dude reminds me of my friend in high school that would play fallout 4 by collecting all the different guns to shoot enemies, had no idea what the game was about. Don't get me wrong, that play style is valid if that's how you have fun, but don't try to have a conversation about the quality of the games.
What made FO3 and New Vegas appealing was the world and the story and you had more choice on how you wanted to play with factions even the end game.

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Breh are you going off of goty awards from gaming magazines in 2008 and console sales to determine the quality of a rpg in 2023?:what:

So basically you cant prove any of my points wrong and just say "nope unvalid i win" Just like a New Vegas fanboy too lol i be forgeting that they dont even play the games they just surf youtube video essays and make thier opinion based on that. New Vegas fanboys are really the new Persona fans if you really think about it :snoop:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol: that's okay if you feel that way but literally all of the vaults and locations were cut and paste:what:.

What made FO3 and New Vegas appealing was the world and the story and you had more choice on how you wanted to play with factions even the end game.

Also for the time, Fallout 3 was something completely new and different. This is kind of Bethesda’s current problem is they haven’t really evolved their formula so even if fallout 4 was objectively better gameplay wise, it kind of treaded on too much of the same ground.

That stuff is just starting to become common gaming convention at this point

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

When did I ever deny that Fallout 4 had less choice than New Vegas or Fallout 3? Thats the only thing keeping it from being a masterpiece but to say its a drop on everything except gunplay is OBEJECTIVLY wrong

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
So basically you cant prove any of my points wrong and just say "nope unvalid i win" Just like a New Vegas fanboy too lol i be forgeting that they dont even play the games they just surf youtube video essays and make thier opinion based on that. New Vegas fanboys are really the new Persona fans if you really think about it :snoop:

I'm referencing the quality of the writing, you're the one bringing up awards and sales.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
100%, while it's far from my favorite, it's an incredibly ambitious game that just doesn't age well.
I can still play New Vegas with extensive mods playing fo3 is like playing space invaders now. Yeah i will play for nostalgia but the game is so janky and the mods i run to play them is a pain to get working 100% of the time. This is coming from someone that will install F4 from time to time for different runs but it just doesn't have the sauce New Vegas has or the DLCS for New Vegas. I would have been mad if I paid for that f4 DLC for full price back in the day :mjlol: