Bethesda turned down Obsidian's proposal to develop more spin-offs of Elder Scrolls and Fallout

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Hopefully with the mixed reception of midfield and Pete Hines gone this changes. You could always tell they felt a way about new vegas being called the best fallout.

Almost as if it actually had a way better story, GOAT DLC, and a plot.

Compared to Fallout 3 and 4 where it's just "you are born, you are in a bunker, you have seen the outside world, kill shyt, and blow up a city :D"

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Almost as if it actually had a way better story, GOAT DLC, and a plot.

Compared to Fallout 3 and 4 where it's just "you are born, you are in a bunker, you have seen the outside world, kill shyt, and blow up a city :D"
I need new vegas remastered and ported to modern consoles yesterday :whew:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If you read the article it says this happened 10 years ago :skip:

I would like to see another obsidian fallout game tho. My guess is that with the alleged Oblivion remake in the works we won’t see fallout for a while unless they do a FO3/4 remake as well

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I dont think thats possible :patrice:
Why MS probably doesn't care what they work on as long as the remain profitable.
They used to be heavily linked with bioware, then they seemed to jump to fixing Bethesda, no reason they can't jump to another studio now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's about doing a follow up to Skyrim years ago.

I'd imagine MS will eventually make them do a Fallout sequel once that Avowed shyt bombs.

I think bethesda was always planning on fallout 76 and elder scrolls online being the stop gaps between the big games.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Obsidian should cut their relationship with Bethesda and try to work with the Cyberpunk folks.

Since they are owned by Microsoft, I doubt they would allow them to work with another outside Developer like CDPR.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Since they are owned by Microsoft, I doubt they would allow them to work with another outside Developer like CDPR.
Why? CdPR makes multi plat games.
I would think as long as the game isn't restricted from further monetization for MS, ie appearing on Xbox or MS platforms that would be happy and greenlight it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why? CdPR makes multi plat games.
I would think as long as the game isn't restricted from further monetization for MS, ie appearing on Xbox or MS platforms that would be happy and greenlight it.

Logistically it just doesn’t make a lot of sense to go outside the company