Bet you didnt know the Chinese Tiananmen Square Protests started from ANTI-AFRICAN STUDENT protests

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No. Its not. Theres contemporary reporting from the NYTimes, Washington Post, and Chinese media from 1988. Its 100% fact.
I looked into it last year and the nanjin protest were separate.

regardless they had an anti-African student protest. But saying that caused the Tiananmen protest is a reach.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I looked into it last year and the nanjin protest were separate.

regardless they had an anti-African student protest. But saying that caused the Tiananmen protest is a reach.
Dude, the Tiananmen Square protest even got that way because of the anti-african shyt. and the anti-japanese shyt. and the anti-poverty. and anti-government. etc. etc. etc. There were many causes, but the first major spark that showed how massive those protests could reach was Nanjing. Read the tweets. Protests evolve. We saw how BLM got weaponized for other causes.

It happens.

Thats like saying police brutality didn't directly cause the Baltimore riots. Was it the frustration? Or what?

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Dude, the Tiananmen Square protest even got that way because of the anti-african shyt. and the anti-japanese shyt. There were many causes, but the first major spark that showed how massive those protests could reach was Nanjing. Read the tweets. Protests evolve. We saw how BLM got weaponized for other causes.

It happens.

Thats like saying police brutality didn't directly cause the Baltimore riots. Was it the frustration? Or what?
I read the tweets and I did the research... this was already posted on the coli breh.

They are related in that they are both protests and started by the same organizers but Tianamen protest is not Nanjin protest or the anti-Japanese protest. In essence the students were galvanized and inspired by the success of those protests to mount another one but the cause wasn't related.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
That's genuinely interesting, but shut the fukk up. fukk you. You stay pandering on a topic. Just the other week you were going hard with the Anti-African sentiments; I wish I could remember the thread. What exactly are you doing here??? :comeon:
who, the fukk, are you talking to?

I wish you would remember the thread you fukk head. You don't know what you're talking about.

Go fix your face.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I read the tweets and I did the research... this was already posted on the coli breh.

They are related in that they are both protests and started by the same organizers but Tianamen protest is not Nanjin protest or the anti-Japanese protest. In essence the students were galvanized and inspired by the success of those protests to mount another one but the cause wasn't related.
Dude, a Chinese student protest leader told people in 1990 and admitted it was because of the African protests!!!!!

www.articles.latimes.com/1990-06-23/local/me-85_1_democracy-movement

The Stain on China's Pro-Democracy Movement: A Final Word About Tiananmen | HuffPost

What are we to make of this painful paradox? In 1989, I asked Wuer Kaixi, a student leader and president at the time of the Federation for Chinese Democracy in the United States. We had met in December of 89’at an awards ceremony in Boston. Wuer, like the other honorees, had put his life on the line fighting for human rights. He was a fugitive from China, wanted for agitating for democracy. Last week Wuer Kaixi arrived in Macau hoping to be allowed to return to China. Instead he was deported to Taiwan. He has remained consistent all these years in his advocacy of democracy.

But halfway through the awards dinner two decades ago, I felt it necessary to interrupt the solemn reflections on the demise of the student movement to ask Wuer, and other Chinese students sitting at my table, to reconcile their legitimate passions for democracy with the actions of students who physically attacked Africans at Hehai University and elsewhere throughout the country. How, just before erecting the “goddess of Democracy” in Tiananmen Square, could some proponents of a more open and just society rampage through Nanjing and other cities exhorting their countrymen to “kill the black devils?”

The movement’s contradictions infuriated me. As strong as the lure of freedom and equality is the widely held Chinese belief, shared by Japanese, Korean and other Asian cultures, that the darker a person’s skin the lower his status and worth. That Chinese students at Tiananmen Square sang choruses of “We Shall Overcome” only underscored the dichotomy. Even the barrage of bullets fired at unarmed chanting figures in the early morning of June 4, 1989, though shocking and tragic, did not quiet my concern at the awards dinner over the contradiction of racism and democracy.

I shared these thoughts with Wuer Kaixi.
With eyes moist from the speech he had just given that night, he spoke of friends who died at Tiananmen and those who had “disappeared.” He talked about fear and courage. Most important, he acknowledged that the democracy movement, like Chinese society as a whole, is ridden with various degrees of xenophobia, including racism. He conceded it was an imperfect movement.

Wuer’s sincerity that night continues to spark in me a great degree of self-examination. African-Americans had also suffered the disappearance of loved ones, on dark Mississippi highways and lynchings in the light of day. But ours, too, is an imperfect movement for civil and human rights, sprinkled with numerous contradictions.

Last edited: