Bet on Black: 24 Legacy

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 12 episode format is definitely better.

New model from the last season they did with Jack when he tossed lady stark out the window:russ:

Guess fox and the execs felt like this was a better model and would help with storytelling and all that jazz

How could we forget the window toss. We made mad gifs of that that haven't been used in a while.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wish folks would stop asking about how good it is and just watch.

Stop doubting black excellence.

Show is fire.

that i agree with for damn near everything. watch for yourself don't rely on what the rest of us say. if you like it, great, if not also great

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The series is suffering from awful writing as well.

Breh...awful writing is a bit of a 24 staple :russ: I'm not saying it's consistently awful but there are moments in every season, especially season 6:picard: where the writing was just meh or down right terrible. Let the show find its footing man just like the original series did.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Breh...awful writing is a bit of a 24 staple :russ: I'm not saying it's consistently awful but there are moments in every season, especially season 6:picard: where the writing was just meh or down right terrible. Let the show find its footing man just like the original series did.
Nah, the actors and dialogue made up for the aweful writing....the new 24 has awful dialogue and atrocious acting as well. We found out too soon what the "box" that was that the terrorists were looking for. It looks like the writers just don't give a fukk now. Maybe it's not all Dre and he is doing his best on what he has.

The scene between him and His brother when they arrived in the hood was cringed worthy.

Im a huge 24 fan though and will stick with this...hopefully it will get better as the series progresses

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah, the actors and dialogue made up for the awful writing....the new 24 has awful dialogue and atrocious acting as well. We found out too soon what the "box" that was that the terrorists were looking for. It looks like the writers just don't give a fukk now. Maybe it's not all Dre and he is doing his best on what he has.

The scene between him and His brother when they arrived in the hood was cringed worthy.

I wouldn't say its too soon seeing as how they're not doing 24 episodes anymore. Less episodes means for more efficient storytelling so we don't get those gems like Kim and the mountain lion or Kim and Johnny Drama again or any of those damn useless storylines they did to pad episodes and seasons. So we just disagree on that one. The acting is fine but again, it takes time for a show to get its legs. Not every show can be like Flash for example, where it was immediately on point in its pilot and most of its first season. If it took the original 24 a minute to gel, don't see why we should be any less lenient with this iteration