Best selling video games of all time

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Try to attach M$ to the success of Minecraft like it wasn’t already popping before.
Like a nikka who jumped on a already done team project at the last minute but bragging he had a major impact which caused them to go from a B- grade to an A+ :mjlol:

Sigh at GTAV though fukking c*nts :beli:

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
I'm almost sure most of those games came packaged with the system. Not to take away from the sales but I know for a fact at some point Nintendo included all of those games with their systems. I'm almost certain the last Nintendo I bought came with Mario or something like that. Ended up giving it to my nephew.
If that was true then super Mario world would be on the list

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
If that was true then super Mario world would be on the list
I'm sure it's high on the list but if I'm not mistaken it was a limited time pack in

Edit: it sold 20 million and the Super NES sold 49 million. Super Mario All Stars added another 10 or 11 million. So basically Super Mario was a pack in for about half of the systems sold.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Actually, no. @The Mad Titan is right. When Microsoft spent that 2.5 billion, most people were trying to say that they overpaid for it and that it was going to level off soon and the wave was over.

Microsoft/Minecraft: How much did Redmond overpay?​

Microsoft overpaid for Minecraft by $700 million​

When Microsoft purchased Minecraft creator Mojang for $2.5 billion late last year, many questioned whether the Redmond-based company overpaid.

Minecraft Story Mode, Minecraft Earth, Minecraft Dungeons, Minecraft Education, the multiple novels, the tabletop games. All of that happened under Microsoft.

To this point.

Minecraft console sales surpass PC, 'almost 54M' copies sold in total​

Article date above is June 25, 2014.

Microsoft announced that they acquired Mojang September 15, 2014 so we can safely say, at least 150 million of those sales have happened under Microsoft.

Ultimately, Notch made it a hot line. Microsoft made it a hot song.

This is our thread on it here.

I said the following.

People that don't understand this game, understand this point. This is the Super Mario Bros. 3 of these kids time as it was ours. Or Pac-man to our parents. It's that big of a game. That's why MS is still going to develop this on other platforms. The money is too great to miss and this is to expand the brand. Microsoft toyed around with buying Nintendo before the launch of the OG Xbox, deal fell through. Were in preliminary talks to buy Sega but by that time, all the talent was leaving. Rare was supposed to give them this but their franchises, while in my personal opinion, better than Nintendo's, were just, save for a few exceptions, copies of Nintendo franchises. Mario--->Banjo, Mario Kart---->Diddy Kong Racing. 2.5 billion seems like a lot, but they will make this back and then some. This is a sound investment.

Microsoft did what I thought they would do with Minecraft and the reality is what I expected so don't get revisionist history on what people thought of this purchase now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Actually, no. @The Mad Titan is right. When Microsoft spent that 2.5 billion, most people were trying to say that they overpaid for it and that it was going to level off soon and the wave was over.

Minecraft Story Mode, Minecraft Earth, Minecraft Dungeons, Minecraft Education, the multiple novels, the tabletop games. All of that happened under Microsoft.

To this point.

Article date above is June 25, 2014.

Microsoft announced that they acquired Mojang September 15, 2014 so we can safely say, at least 150 million of those sales have happened under Microsoft.

Ultimately, Notch made it a hot line. Microsoft made it a hot song.

This is our thread on it here.

I said the following.

Microsoft did what I thought they would do with Minecraft and the reality is what I expected so don't get revisionist history on what people thought of this purchase now.

do people not say this about every acquisition? :jbhmm:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
If we’re counting wii sports does that mean we are gonna be counting astro bot as well? :sas2:

I feel that bundled games shouldn't count. Like SMB and Wii Sports. It came with the system. You didn't buy the system for that game. Especially not in the case of Wii Sports.