Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
I'm voting :pdahell:in 95, 96 and 99 :blessed:

you seriously gonna vote him for 1999?
:scust:

the integrity of this competition
:dame:

Correct. Funny thing is Regulate was probably my favorite single at the time and Time's Up had me like :mindblown: with that Slick Rick sample

No disrespect to Monch but he doesn't need to be here. '94 was a heavyweight year with a lot of good music/emcees but you can't just put Monch for the same reason people try to argue Bandana P or Andre 3000.

This :ahh: vote all day

only reason I put him is because he had arguably the best pure rap performance of 1994

but he's an outsider pick nobody gonna choose him and about 7-8 others

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Bar for bar no of course he wasn't better. But Warren G had one of the biggest singles of all time in 94. Everybody and their mother knows the words to Regulate while only us die hards know Times Up. Warren G also prolly had the better album. I own both
:jbhmm:
Nah. I'd go with Word...Life pretty easily.
You listened to Warren's album recently? I did in the past month and its :scust:at how he was struggling to find some shyt to talk about to get through his verses :russ:
Lot of sing songy shyt too. And the beats are dope but not anywhere near what Dre and Death Row were doing :wow:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
You listened to Warren's album recently? I did in the past month and its :scust:at how he was struggling to find some shyt to talk about to get through his verses :russ:
Lot of sing songy shyt too. And the beats are dope but not anywhere near what Dre and Death Row were doing :wow:
Tbh I haven't listened to that album since the 90s:mjlol:

I actually listened to Word...Life pretty recently

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
there's gonna be a million arguments about this kind of stuff. Just to simplify things, @Inspect Her Deck just decided to go with the year the album released.
@Inspect Her Deck is it fair game to include the singles dropped in 95 from an album dropped in 94? Big Poppa? Who Shot Ya? One More Chance Remix?
I say yes. :jbhmm:
What I wouldn't count is the Junior mafia shyt since that was from an album that dropped in 95 :manny:

I know a lot of people who think OB4CL dropped in 94 cause Heaven and Hell did. "94. Taking nikkas to WAR. Ay Yo. What do you believe in? Heaven or Hell?"

Lord Mecca

Eyes May Shine
Daps
I listen to Word..Life fairly often still (at least once every couple of months) and tried to listen to Warren G's shyt maybe a month ago... I was like :dahell: but I figured I just wasn't in the mood... cause to my recollection shyt was fly. Mind you... I was young

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
I know Doggystyle came out at the end of 93 but Snoop pretty much owned 94. How didn't he make this poll?

with the whole Murder Was the Case soundtrack as well...good point

but I'm being strict with this album thing

so he'll be a major contender (if not favourite) for 1993

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
you seriously gonna vote him for 1999?
:scust:

the integrity of this competition
:dame:
Who was cheffing up more classic shyt than P in 99?
lYvWah1.png