Best Rapper Alive - 1994

Who's the MVP of 1994?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Thread title "Best Rapper Alive '94". If you think G-Dub was just as good of a rapper as O.C. you need to kick yourself in the ass.

yeah? it also takes into account the ALBUM released

and besides the MVP is given for more than just rap skills, or else Reggie or Pharoahe need to sweep up this entire series tbh.

I didn't make claims to who's a better rapper, but you can't laugh as if OC is in this convo (and won't get a vote probably) and Warren G doesn't deserve it

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Ready to Die dropped late '94, Juicy dropped in August. His run was more '95.

Nas dropped the hip-hop bible I'm going with Nas... :ahh:

B.I.G. bit Nas cover in '94 :ufdup:
there's gonna be a million arguments about this kind of stuff. Just to simplify things, @Inspect Her Deck just decided to go with the year the album released.
@Inspect Her Deck is it fair game to include the singles dropped in 95 from an album dropped in 94? Big Poppa? Who Shot Ya? One More Chance Remix?
I say yes. :jbhmm:
What I wouldn't count is the Junior mafia shyt since that was from an album that dropped in 95 :manny:

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
there's gonna be a million arguments about this kind of stuff. Just to simplify things, @Inspect Her Deck just decided to go with the year the album released.
@Inspect Her Deck is it fair game to include the singles dropped in 95 from an album dropped in 94? Big Poppa? Who Shot Ya? One More Chance Remix?
I say yes. :jbhmm:
What I wouldn't count is the Junior mafia shyt since that was from an album that dropped in 95 :manny:

yep agreed

and btw I fukking forgot Scarface
:snoop:

morris

Superstar
Daps
big_l_signature_by_jewelz_mvp.jpg

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
Nas.

But Pharoahe Monch performance on Stress: Extinction Agenda album displayed 1 of the most diverse & versatile lyrical, flow schemes in rap history.

I choose Nas because he dropped the GOAT album but Stress is also a classic album & top 10 to me.

Pharoahe on Stress and Redman on Dare had easily some of the most impressive rap displays ever seen on an album. And on Stress you had two A+ rappers. Prince Po was dope in his own right.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Thread title "Best Rapper Alive '94". If you think G-Dub was just as good of a rapper as O.C. you need to kick yourself in the ass.
Bar for bar no of course he wasn't better. But Warren G had one of the biggest singles of all time in 94. Everybody and their mother knows the words to Regulate while only us die hards know Times Up. Warren G also prolly had the better album. I own both

Lord Mecca

Eyes May Shine
Daps
Bar for bar no of course he wasn't better. But Warren G had one of the biggest singles of all time in 94. Everybody and their mother knows the words to Regulate while only us die hards know Times Up. Warren G also prolly had the better album. I own both
Correct. Funny thing is Regulate was probably my favorite single at the time and Time's Up had me like :mindblown: with that Slick Rick sample

No disrespect to Monch but he doesn't need to be here. '94 was a heavyweight year with a lot of good music/emcees but you can't just put Monch for the same reason people try to argue Bandana P or Andre 3000.

This :ahh: vote all day