Best Government Jobs to apply for? (high hiring rate)

machiavelli

Rookie
Daps
what exactly does a security clearance require? does it have to do with criminal records/credit?

Yes.

Confidential - credit check and national/local agency check

Secret - reference check, credit check, felonies, past residences, family members outside the U.S., anything you've been arrested for even if it was expunged.

Top Secret - they find out all about you from your form and an interview; countries you've visited and why, how many times you've smoked weed, your friends, your family, your neighbors (they VISIT them), that time you fukked a girl and left her, etc. Depending on the type of TS they may require you to take a polygraph.

It's important to be 100% honest on your SF85/85-P/86 (form you fill out for the clearance depending on the job). The number one reason why people get denied is because they lied about something and the investigator found out (poor finances can get your clearance denied too). They want to know you can be trusted.

Security Clearance Jobs - ClearanceJobs.com

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
what exactly does a security clearance require? does it have to do with criminal records/credit?

It depends on the position but definitely criminal activity and credit. People have been fired after 15 years of service because of bad credit.

i thought gs 7 was with a masters

are u a federal worker?

I know for certain they recruit people fresh out of college with a bachelors. You can negotiate your grade and/or step level.

Yes I am.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
Yes.

Confidential - credit check and national/local agency check

Secret - reference check, credit check, felonies, past residences, family members outside the U.S., anything you've been arrested for even if it was expunged.

Top Secret - they find out all about you from your form and an interview; countries you've visited and why, how many times you've smoked weed, your friends, your family, your neighbors (they VISIT them), that time you fukked a girl and left her, etc. Depending on the type of TS they may require you to take a polygraph.

It's important to be 100% honest on your SF85/85-P/86 (form you fill out for the clearance depending on the job). The number one reason why people get denied is because they lied about something and the investigator found out (poor finances can get your clearance denied too). They want to know you can be trusted.

Security Clearance Jobs - ClearanceJobs.com

thank you. im good on all of this stuff...all i should have is student loan debt...which im working on now

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
*subs* Trying to do this right now. Took a test for a position that started @ $35K yr :leon: Got an offer for a similar position near L.A. but they wanted me to start in a few weeks if I was hired :whoa:. Still high in the score rankings so I'm sending apps for positions closer to home.

CA has a LOT of government jobs to :eat: off on. The trick is to know someone already working for the state and being able to sign up for a test. Got the first one down.