Best Government Jobs to apply for? (high hiring rate)

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
From what I seen, TSA types, security, if you got a background or have IT experience, that's a plus. Dude that just quit in my directorate was a spaced out, drugged up oreo hipster but he parlayed that gig into a 80k gig working for the Secretary of Defense traveling team. Hell even if you got experience in public relations, you can get on DoD and be set until you get ready to retire

MrNoFlyZone

The Original 2nd Coming
Daps
What sectors are good for someone who's still working on a bachelors? Any DoD at all?

Find a job in the STEP: Student Educational Employment Program Introduction

I worked a gig at one of the VA's CPACs and was :eat:

Once you graduate, they'll either find you a permanent gig within the VA (or whatever branch you choose), or you can move around basically wherever you want within reason because that on your resume plus the references....:win:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
There is a hiring freeze at the moment and it will probably be in affect for the rest of the fiscal year. This sequester is some bullshyt. The DoD said we are going to lose 22 days of our pay for this fiscal year if this sequester happens.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I will plan for a government job when I hit 30 I have done some contracts for the agency and no one works over there.....

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Federal jobs are the only ones really breaking bank like that and if you aren't a vet or disabled then you have a very slim chance at getting on with them. You'll spend 3 days working on an application and won't even get a call back.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Federal jobs are the only ones really breaking bank like that and if you aren't a vet or disabled then you have a very slim chance at getting on with them. You'll spend 3 days working on an application and won't even get a call back.

It can be difficult but I'm not a vet and I got in. I did start at a low grade though.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
You have to use certain words on your resumes.

Also, don't use bullet points. Federal resumes have to be in paragraph form.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
You have to use certain words on your resumes.

Also, don't use bullet points. Federal resumes have to be in paragraph form.

This

And two of my friends are in the gov.....no military background at all.

Im trying to get in as.well. At least before 2014.

But them furloughs about to hurt pockets.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
This

And two of my friends are in the gov.....no military background at all.

Im trying to get in as.well. At least before 2014.

But them furloughs about to hurt pockets.

Yep. We got our memo last week. The last time forlough happened, employees were reimbursed. That's not expected to happen this time.

I don't know where your friends work at but we are losing 22 days of pay this fiscal year if this happens.