Best Gaming Desktop for Under $700

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Yea but the OP doesn't know shyt, which is why Liquid is telling him the reality of the situation. He thinks he wants that but he really doesn't because he doesn't know any better.

nikka you don't know what the fukk I know.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Consider a desktop with a GT 1030 a “4K” gaming PC brehs.

The same type of build you see on amazon or newegg with shyt R7 240 graphics cards and sold as gaming desktops because of pretty lights :mjlol:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Nobody seems to be able to post a parts list of this $700 monster of a rig either :mjlol:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Can you quote where OP asked to hit this made up goal of yalls :jbhmm:

I'm not alluding to OP directly, because obviously there aren't any specific targets besides the word "Gaming" in the title. This is when you use common sense to fill in the blanks - which is exactly what Liquid did.

Do you honestly expect, or would recommend, anything that won't consistently hit 60fps as the baseline? If you disregard performance you can build a "4K" computer for $350 or even less. Put it on a low profile card with a dual core chip and 4GB of RAM and stretch to 4K. That' your "4K" system with less than 10fps for anything modern in gaming. :russ:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm not alluding to OP directly, because obviously there aren't any specific targets besides the word "Gaming" in the title. This is when you use common sense to fill in the blanks - which is exactly what Liquid did.

Do you honestly expect, or would recommend, anything that won't consistently hit 60fps as the baseline? If you disregard performance you can build a "4K" computer for $350 or even less. Put it on a low profile card with a dual core chip and 4GB of RAM and stretch to 4K. That' your "4K" system with less than 10fps for anything modern in gaming. :russ:
I dont give a shyt about 4k so none of this "common sense" and "standards" (which arent even popular "standards" in PC gaming. I, like most PC gamers, are way past 60 fps and worry more about 140-240+ fps

Dude asked can $700 build a 4k capable PC. The answer to that is yes. Yall went off on some other shyt that had nothin to do with anything

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I dont give a shyt about 4k so none of this "common sense" and "standards" (which arent even popular "standards" in PC gaming. I, like most PC gamers, are way past 60 fps and worry more about 140-240+ fps

Dude asked can $700 build a 4k capable PC. The answer to that is yes. Yall went off on some other shyt that had nothin to do with anything

Benchmarking, playing, even video recording is preferred to be at least 60 on PC. Typically, games dropped with 30fps locks get hammered on. Typically, games with 60fps locks get worked around for higher. Whether or not you choose to ignore the general norms for those situations is entirely up to you. It doesn't detract the mainstream bar for performance on PC is 60fps - namely due to mass market monitor refresh rates.

For your second point, 4K at that price is at what cost? You can drop in any GPU that supports a 4K output but that doesn't give it a good experience. Talking native 4K at that price you're getting poor gaming performance at that price unless you're compromising by lowering visuals. Stretched? Sure, can be done with good performance - especially if you use 1080/1440p for the base but it'll look ugly because of the poor scaling and then you're not rendering native. I don't think there's a nearest neighbor scaling option. Being honest, if you're scaling, and your floor is 30fps, and don't care about lowered visuals then go right ahead and buy a console and save both money and time.

I'm sure I can find a 4K capable machine for even under $300 if I wanted to rummage thorugh eBay. Sure, technicallty it can be a 4K Gaming desktop. But it would not be a good experience. Thus, that is what Liquid alluded to with his suggestions, and wasn't going off into some other shyt. He took the OP's potiential experience into consideration and made the wise notion that said experience won't be so great at that price point without compromises.

It isn't sprialing off into some other shyt that had "nothing to do with anything". :manny: But if that's how you feel then go play that violin.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those running on the minimum recommended hardware, Araiza says, will be able to run the game at 720p at 30 frames per second (FPS) using the game’s auto-detect presets. Meanwhile, players with more powerful PCs will, depending on their hardware, “have the possibility of running 4K at 30 FPS or higher, or running standard resolutions such as 1080p or 1200p at higher than 30 FPS.”

Additionally, Assassin’s Creed Origins uses a technique called dynamic resolution rendering on PC and other platforms. As Araiza explains, “dynamic resolution rendering is a technique we use to keep the framerate as close as possible to our targeted FPS at all times by adjusting the frame resolution on the fly, which in most cases will be invisible to the player. On PC, players can actually choose what baseline framerate they want to target: 30, 45, or 60 FPS. They can also select their maximum framerate between 30, 45, 60, or 90 FPS, or decide to completely uncap it.

But but but 4K 60fps is the standard.