Best Gaming Desktop for Under $700

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Sorry, clearly I did not realize the crowd I was talking with. Yes, a GT 1030 can display a 4K picture and can play shyt like gunpoint well at 4K30.

I can build you a "4K" PC with $400 at that point.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sorry, clearly I did not realize the crowd I was talking with. Yes, a GT 1030 can display a 4K picture and can play shyt like gunpoint well at 4K30.

I can build you a "4K" PC with $400 at that point.

Its a certain "crowd" :mjpls:

You right with everything you said tho, dude wants a PC under 700 with 4k. You was like nah you not getting 4k (understood true 4k/60frames since we talking PC here) for under 700. And all of a sudden the goal post is shifted all over the place :mjlol:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Its a certain "crowd" :mjpls:

You right with everything you said tho, dude wants a PC under 700 with 4k. You was like nah you not getting 4k (understood true 4k/60frames since we talking PC here) for under 700. And all of a sudden the goal post is shifted all over the place :mjlol:
Many RX 480/580 and GTX 1060 cards state 1080P/1440P gaming on the back of the retail box. But let the coli gurus with their supreme .ini and 3rd party modding techniques tell you they can force a GT 610 to display 4K even though the ports on the card are not even capable of doing so. Just give them 6 hours per game and they will show youtube footage of it happening.

fukk this forum man :dead:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Many RX 480/580 and GTX 1060 cards state 1080P/1440P gaming on the back of the retail box. But let the coli gurus with their supreme .ini and 3rd party modding techniques tell you they can force a GT 610 to display 4K even though the ports on the card are not even capable of doing so. Just give them 6 hours per game and they will show youtube footage of it happening.

fukk this forum man :dead:

where is any of this discussed here in this thread

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
534 West Barksdale Ave
Paterson Nj
908 477 9863
579875_137287769728431_953335148_n.jpg

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
not only that, this guy so out the damn loop, MOST pc gamers prefer higher FPS / lower settings than 4k+ resolution. Its why 120/144/240 hz monitors are more commonly sold than 4k capable monitors. Most PC gamers when buying new equipment rather have 1080/120+ fps than 4k resolution

he way off on every fukkin thing here its actually annoying

"the goal for PC gaming is 60 fps high graphics 4k resolution" man no the fukk it isnt... sales of monitors and popularity of games where graphics are not even a main priority of the game say different
Reading comprehension issue we have here? This is what I do for a living and only on "the coli" am I way off on everything.

Not including monitor. 4K gaming should be easy for 700 right?

Destiny 2 would be the ideal game in mind in this scenario. I had a discussion with a console homeboy who was saying this was impossible. I stated this isn't 2005 where Alienware was the only option. :lupe:

Itemize and state purchase sites please.

The goal right in the opening post is 4K gaming. It's all you dumbasses on here going away from what the standard is on the PC at given resolution. You open targeting 4K, then I am going to suggest parts to play at 4K60 at LEAST on high and at this time that costs more than $700. Who builds a "4K or 1080P" system targeting medium/low? I have talked to THOUSANDS of customers over the years and that's NEVER the target :dead:

I am not talking about a @Ciggavelli type rig here.

Had he said 1080P or any other criteria my first responses would have been different. Why is this so hard for you guys to understand?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@LÍQUIDO was happy with building a $400 machine that runs games at 1080P and barely hits 40fps yet he's in here talking about 60fps is the standard. it sure wasn't the standard when you made this post: :mjlol:

:dead: @ this post.

That rig can run most games anywhere from medium-high @ 1080P

Far Cry 4:

Watch Dogs:

You guys are just enthusiasts, this build is fine for people who want to game right now.

So yeah, people that want to game "right now" as you said is why you'd sometimes settle for less than 60fps if you just want something to run.

All this other rah rah shyt you talking about is just e flexing. Then this cat is under the same breath hyping up a souped up PS4 Pro that still is going to run most of it's games at 30fps and uses checkerboard or temporal resolution. Man the lunacy of you fanboys is stomach hurting funny :laff:

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
@LÍQUIDO was happy with building a $400 machine that runs games at 1080P and barely hits 40fps yet he's in here talking about 60fps is the standard. it sure wasn't the standard when you made this post: :mjlol:

So yeah, people that want to game "right now" as you said is why you'd sometimes settle for less than 60fps if you just want something to run.

All this other rah rah shyt you talking about is just e flexing. Then this cat is under the same breath hyping up a souped up PS4 Pro that still is going to run most of it's games at 30fps and uses checkerboard or temporal resolution. Man the lunacy of you fanboys is stomach hurting funny :laff:
You had to go all the way back to 3 years ago huh.

You guys are pathetic. Dude out in the OP clearly said 4K and you guys are throwing bullshyt out here making it seem like he can get it done under $700.

List the parts instead of just talking out of your ass :russell:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You had to go all the way back to 3 years ago huh.

You guys are pathetic. Dude out in the OP clearly said 4K and you guys are throwing bullshyt out here making it seem like he can get it done under $700.

List the parts instead of just talking out of your ass :russell:
How is that pathetic?? 60fps isn't something new.

and for the nth time I'm not talking about the OP but the guy that quoted you saying he sent you a PM. You're conveniently ignoring that part to some how make it look like I'm just spouting off nonsense. The hilarious part is insinuating that I'm somehow saying it's fine to run 30fps on PC games when that defeats the purpose of building one. I literally don't even see the number "30" on my PC screen unless i'm typing in phone numbers breh stop it.

As for the OP, he's not getting 4K/60fps under $700. 1440P/60fps yeah but 4K/60fps? Maybe on some older games and/or less intensive games but more complex modern games not really. That's all i'm saying, relax Linus.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
is $700 build serious to you ? man yall only on 1 extreme or another in this sub forum its legit fukking weird

OP is even asking about 1080p builds in here.. yall sound ridiculous in here

this would be the equivalent of someone asking what are good basketball shoes for $70 and yall saying ":scust: if you aint in them $220 lebrons dont even bother playing basketball :scust: "

Well no, there's usually different standards and rightfully so. 30FPS is always "playable", but the target is always 60 for PCs. If OP wants "4K" at a low cost that entails muddy textures, low framerate, and all that other butt juice then we recommend he get a console as that's basically what he's getting and it'll be a lot lower in maintenance and upfront cost. The pleasures in PC gaming give him the opportunity to do so much to hit that target (visual settings, OC, swap parts, etc) but the visual nerf would be too much for your avg PC Joe.

Liquid is right in that for $700, you're not gonna hit the standard target (60FPS with high settings) with an all new build. 1080p@60FPS Ultra is easily feasible for that price, and is best to do. You can "Scale" that up to 4K if you want it that bad and call it a day.

LEt's not send OP down the wrong road.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Forgot about gaming in 4K. It's not mainstream enough. The sweet spot is 1440p. 1070 would do but I heard they're coming out with 1070 Ti. Also a 1440p 144hz monitor with G sync is must if you want to play at that res.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
How is that pathetic?? 60fps isn't something new.

and for the nth time I'm not talking about the OP but the guy that quoted you saying he sent you a PM. You're conveniently ignoring that part to some how make it look like I'm just spouting off nonsense. The hilarious part is insinuating that I'm somehow saying it's fine to run 30fps on PC games when that defeats the purpose of building one. I literally don't even see the number "30" on my PC screen unless i'm typing in phone numbers breh stop it.

As for the OP, he's not getting 4K/60fps under $700. 1440P/60fps yeah but 4K/60fps? Maybe on some older games and/or less intensive games but more complex modern games not really. That's all i'm saying, relax Linus.
You're not getting 1440/60 under 700.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Yea but the OP doesn't know shyt, which is why Liquid is telling him the reality of the situation. He thinks he wants that but he really doesn't because he doesn't know any better.