Best games that you bought off first sight?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
What were the best games you purchased without any foreknowledge or word of mouth you just saw the trailer and you knew you had to have it?

For me it was Apostle, Chained Echoes and Shadow Hearts.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
i didn't give a single fukk about a developer back then :mjlol: didn't know what a preorder was either

You missed out. Jade Empire had bioware on my list. But I feel you - I knew a few but also was a loyal video game mag enthusiast.

I wanna make a thread on games we've see shyt like game informer/gamepro etc that never materialized. shyt would have full blown covers just to disappear

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Believe it or not but Shenmue 1 I bought it with the Dreamcast and crazy taxi and power stone. You can imagine I was in shock at the time the game was unbelievable.

Amazing trilogy tbh. (definitely don't mean shenmue) but that lineup is fire.

RIP power stone. one day we'll get something close

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You missed out. Jade Empire had bioware on my list. But I feel you - I knew a few but also was a loyal video game mag enthusiast.

I wanna make a thread on games we've see shyt like game informer/gamepro etc that never materialized. shyt would have full blown covers just to disappear
nah i played those games - there was just never any point in me tracking devs like that back then. if shyt looks cool, play it.

and honestly the less i knew about the industry, the more i enjoyed games too