Best diet for dropping body fat %?

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I know dropping body fat is 90% diet 10% workout, but what diet are you dudes on who trying to reduce that %?

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Cut simple sugars/gluten from your diet and eat clean. Lots of lean protein chicken /fish..berries/sweet potatoes/bananas complex carbs, if lifting. HiT cardio.
:lupe:
Watch calorie intake and stay hydrated with water.
I know how to diet and train lol..I did the 16/8 routine with IF back in college but ever since I graduated in 2012 I had to just transition into a 2000 cal cap a day, (I try to do 1500-1700...2000 is if I'm weak-willed or just plain hungry...regardless as to whether or not I trained that day).

The only thing is that I just started PHAT which is only new for me from the perspective of doing powelifting and hypertrophy in one routine. Circuits are a good way of circumventing doing all of that cardio too.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know dropping body fat is 90% diet 10% workout, but what diet are you dudes on who trying to reduce that %?

A diet where you consume less calories than you need and foods that aren't calorically dense. I haven't seriously dieted in about 2-3 months. I've maintained right around 171-174 for like 3-4 months now

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
So 10 days of ≤30g carbs followed by 200 plus or so eating whatever? :patrice:

Sounds too good to be true :totheeastside:

@-DMP-

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

@-DMP-

Maybe he's talking about refeeding?

as in when your cutting, and you get to a certain body fat, your metabolism may slow down in order to compensate for the lack of carbs/fats in your body and preserve what it has left.

You have a "cheat day/meal(s)" in order to kick start the metabolism and encourage your body to burn fat instead of preserve it over the long haul.

-DMP-

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps

as in when your cutting, and you get to a certain body fat, your metabolism may slow down in order to compensate for the lack of carbs/fats in your body and preserve what it has left.

You have a "cheat day/meal(s)" in order to kick start the metabolism and encourage your body to burn fat instead of preserve it over the long haul.

-DMP-
I know, I'm not at single digits yet..shyt I think I'm still around 12% or so :flabbynsick:..the CarbNite routine sounds interesting and I'm willing to try it. Starting today :ehh. I've only eaten some eggs, spinach, turkey, and tomato for the day.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

@-DMP-
30 useable carbs aren't easy for a lot of people. The 11 or so I dropped since the connected have been related to trying this

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

-DMP-
Basically it's that but on a weekly basis. Key being that between trying and the carb cycle your glycogen stores should be very low each refeed day.