UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Would you say they are as desirable as black areas in the other boroughs, though? Or Westchester?
Personally nah. I do have family there but Staten Island isn't my cup of tea. It's relatively safe for NYC standards and cheaper than Brooklyn. If i had to live in NYC, I'd absolutely choose literally any other borough lol.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

The Landmarks Preservation Commission on Tuesday voted to calendar two historic districts in the Queens neighborhood of Cambria Heights. The proposed 222nd Street Historic District and the 227th Street Historic District contain a total of 96 intact Tudor Revival rowhouses that incorporate the whimsical Storybook style. One of several prosperous Black communities in southeastern Queens, Cambria Heights is home to many single-family homes, but the two blocks considered for landmark status stand out for their architectural integrity and cohesiveness, according to the commission.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

10 richest black communities in the country

10. Uniondale, New York​

9. Hillcrest, New York​

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I live in NYC and been to pretty much all of these places on that list and let me tell you everywhere on that list is a shyt hole with the exception of NYC 5 boroughs and White Plains
Long Island isn’t too bad either. Black success is pretty much in the nyc metro

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
If you are Black born and raised in Upstate NY you essentially are born in poverty. No matter how you came up living you are still poor out there. Even though some of those

Syracuse was recently ranked as the number one city in the country where majority of the children are living in extreme poverty.

Most Black folks from upstate tend to move down south or to the Big Apple for better lives.

I've been to Syracuse visiting friends and a few family members and it's gloomy out there. The CACs be “sneakily” racist by doing certain backhanded gestures. The Black ppl there seems to scared of each other/constantly looking over their shoulder/crossing the street from not standing too close whenever a Black person (especially young/mid-aged) they don't know walks past them and I'm assuming it might because of the crime out that happens out there. Police in Syracuse don't seem to care and are pretty relaxed compared to NYC.

Not much Black culture upstate rather more territorial culture instead.

Geode

All Star
Daps
There's a lot of misinformation about LI in here, and very concentrated on Nassau County. I dont know what "mini-mansion" black communities exist in Nassau, unless house size is subjective. As someone who grew up on a 75x100 lot, compared to my granparents in SE Queens, we had a lot of land and a larger house. In Nassau, especially the Valley Stream/Elmont areas (ie Queens Jr) those lots and houses can be small, especially right by the border. You have decent sized lots in Baldwin, Roosevelt, and Freeport but theey are still smaller than the lots in Suffolk.

You also have to be mindful that there are the "black parts" of white neighborhoods. For Example, while Rockville Center may have some blacks in it, or around the borders near Malverne, and Lakeview, Rockville Center is NOT Black and very much :mjpls: . Also they are villages, as opposed to unincorporated hamlets, so they have greater autonomy to be "selective" and they have their own police.

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Albany and Elmira might as well be Pennsylvania :hhh:

People kill me with the "it's dirty" nonsense. What areas of Manhattan were you in? If you're in the hood it's not going to look great but if you're in most areas of Manhattan where there's money or businesses it's not dirty. Harlem has some beautiful streets but that's where there's brownstones and more money. My neighborhood is beautiful with plenty of trees and parks. Go to any state and impoverished areas are dirty.

Queens and Brooklyn are definitely more rough looking. They're more diverse but not confusing. Queens will have a block with all Mexican business and all Indians next to that. Then there's some suburban areas with million dollar houses.

There's plenty of things here you won't get elsewhere. You want art, food, fashion, parks, women, diversity...anything you name we have it in abundance.

I've been to other states and there's things they flat out do not have or they only have one. I still run around random blocks and find all kinds of stores and restaurants I didn't know existed.

Geode

All Star
Daps

10 richest black communities in the country

10. Uniondale, New York​

9. Hillcrest, New York​

That Image they have for "Uniondale" damn sure doesnt exist there. If you're living by Hofstra, you're not living in that. If you live by the Walmart off Jerusalem Ave, you're not living in that either, and that's the whiter part.

Edit: its a B&B in Maine.

Last edited: