Best Buy Says It Has Killed 'Showrooming' For Good

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Premier Silver status is a bunch of bullshyt. i bought a $1600 TV a $250 soundbar and hundreds of dollars worth of other various things like hard drives and games and i still don't qualify and even if it did it only last a year then i gotta do it again.

i don't know about yall but i can't easily spend $2500 every year at Best Buy to maintain it though i'm sure i'll make it this year.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Premier Silver status is a bunch of bullshyt. i bought a $1600 TV a $250 soundbar and hundreds of dollars worth of other various things like hard drives and games and i still don't qualify and even if it did it only last a year then i gotta do it again.

i don't know about yall but i can't easily spend $2500 every year at Best Buy to maintain it though i'm sure i'll make it this year.
Shhh shhh it's ok

We'll get em back. We'll get em back :smugfavre:

sm0ke

Lin Kuei
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
That would be cool if this worked out. I hate consumerism culture, but I don't think it would sit right with me seeing Best Buy go down the drain.

Buying things like cameras, phones, TV's, etc. in store without having to pay more than online would be great. You could test it out, compare it directly to its competition and take it home with you if you like it, without knowing you got fukked on the price.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
no way the price match Amazon...nikkas living rooms gon have the come up of the century if thats the case.

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
Theu have been doing this at the Best Buy by me for MONTHS now.

Everyone saying they going to go out of business price matching Amazon, but the fulfillment has to be by Amazon, not some random ass seller. I

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
If Best Buy cancels price matching it's a wrap for them.
With the gamers club discount gone, the only reason I will be stepping into Best Buy is to cop something I absolutely need immediately and can get it for the same price I would online.
In my experience, Best Buy Customer service in store is complete trash. I see no reason to pay them a single dollar more than their competitors if they aren't going to provide stellar customer service.
I do feel like Best Buy is going through an interesting change of identity that makes me unsure of their future.
At all the locations around me, the movie, music, and video game sections have been shrinking drastically.
The one I go to the most has a big empty space right in the middle of the store where they try to sell smart home equipment and cell phone service.
The rest of the store is one wall of TVs, a few home theater set ups, and on the other side they have their appliance section which actually has remained the same.
I'm not sure how much of their business is attributed to movies/videogames/music. For me, the only reason I bought anything other than games at Best Buy was because I was already there for something else and could price match what I want.

Daps
Reppin
Best Buy always has about 20 employees standing around but still takes you 15 minutes to checkout due to only one person at the register. :mjlol:

I still go though because of my credit card rewards and GCU with them. :yeshrug: