Best Buy Says It Has Killed 'Showrooming' For Good

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange

Put it like this... I don't even know anybody who works at Best Buy. I don't think the cat who told me knows anybody who works there either. And I don't know if it's the same at every Best Buy but there's one particular one in a popular city in GA... :whoo:

And everybody seems to know about it.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Didn't read the article, but they will probabl only match amazon deals and not 3rd party sellers.

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion
As was pointed out in the comments, be on the lookout for Best Buy Exclusive models :dry:

Price matching Amazon is gonna put them out of business, though :laff:

:whoa:

not really though homie. I worked in the store for a few years and the amazon price isn't that much off most of the times. Besides once the salesman attaches to the respective basket they'll make some of the money back. I priced match Amazon ALL the time to close sales and our store was one of the top performers in Gross Margin STILL. It's all about the basket homie. (accessories, services, Geek Squad Protection)

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Here is the full list of big online competitors that are included in the price-matching guarantee:Amazon.com Apple.com Bhphotovideo.com Buy.com Crutchfield.com Dell.com Frys.com hhgregg.com*HP.com HomeDepot.com Lowes.com Newegg.com OfficeDepot.com OfficeMax.com*Sears.com Staples.com Target.com TigerDirect.com Walmart.com
:whoo:

I dont see how they gonna stay in business but fukk it im bout to :eat: good off this :blessed:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:whoa:

not really though homie. I worked in the store for a few years and the amazon price isn't that much off most of the times. Besides once the salesman attaches to the respective basket they'll make some of the money back. I priced match Amazon ALL the time to close sales and our store was one of the top performers in Gross Margin STILL. It's all about the basket homie. (accessories, services, Geek Squad Protection)

Throw accessories in the bushes cause they aint making shyt off that no more price matching amazon and newegg

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Throw accessories in the bushes cause they aint making shyt off that no more price matching amazon and newegg

They'll still make money off of accessories, because a lot of their shyt is some in-house brand name that you can't get off of Amazon. The HDMI cables they sell aren't the same brand as the ones people get for cheap online.

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion

Bruh, you don't KNOW how much stuff is marked up. Besides not even Amazon is selling accessories at cost. Also you forget about GSP and Install rev.

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion

They'll still make money off of accessories, because a lot of their shyt is some in-house brand name that you can't get off of Amazon. The HDMI cables they sell aren't the same brand as the ones people get for cheap online.

Word. I hate those cheap ass cables btw. I've had clients take them FRESH out the cheap plastic bags and they not work or have loose connectors. :facepalm:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Gentlemen we're witnessing the slow death of Best Buy. I know many of us ate well when Circuit City breathed it's final breaths. This is no different.

It's only a matter of time. Now we wait.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
people about to set up some bogus shyt on Sears.com....they don't check prices listed on their marketplace, there were dog bones listed as $119 when they're like $20 elsewhere. go set up a dope TV for $599, bring in the ad, get yours & delete