Best Buy Ad from 1994

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
back in the 80's, my pops would occasionally bring this "laptop" home from the office to do extra work. I mean u couldn't play games or go on the internet on that thing. it didn't even have oregon trail or nothin. that damn computer was worth over $3000 :wtf:

Compaq_portable.jpg

Compaq Portable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Keyboard connected to an oscilloscope :sadcam:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
back in the 80's, my pops would occasionally bring this "laptop" home from the office to do extra work. I mean u couldn't play games or go on the internet on that thing. it didn't even have oregon trail or nothin. that damn computer was worth over $3000 :wtf:

Compaq_portable.jpg

Compaq Portable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"IBM compatible computers" became so popular because an actual IBM or Compaq was super expensive

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
as if I needed another reason to feel old as shyt :to:
Its funny and I hope I always stay this way but......seeing those ads don't make me feel old. They just me feel warm and happy. That's the nostalgia I guess. I cherished every moment of those days way back when. I'm all good now that they are gone. Now I'm pondering buying a gaming cabinet for Elite: Dangerous. Elite Gaming - Elite Gaming - GameCab - Elite Dangerous Edition -

I love the here and now. LOL.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MAN .. in 97 my first plan with AT&T I had 30 minutes of talk for a cheap $49.99 a month .. and it was like 10 cent for every minute over..

Hard to believe I/We lived with 30 minutes a month with no issue .. now anything under unlimited is laughed at..
cricket changed the game forever

B5K4M9qIEAIx8RM.png

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Those old desktop towers would run forever.
I know my father still has one he had built in1996 and he got a good 10+ years out of it just through upgrading ram/hard drives and peripherals. He went from floppy to Tape backup to Zip Drive to CD Rom DVD Rom all running windows 95 and 98 lol.

Sh!t, I kept my custom build PC from 1998 running until may of 2010 just out of spite.(and it cost over 2k ) I finally gave up on it when I couldn't find a fan/heatsink card for my Pentium 3, the fan bearings got so loud eventually. I was still able to use it a my music server all the way till the end, when I moved and didn't want to make space for a proper desk at my new place. I've been laptop exclusive since. I think about getting a iMac whenever i see one tho :ohlawd:

I bought a compaq desktop in 2001, and that bytch lasted until about 2010. I didn't use it past 2006 as a main computer, but I was using it as a server and backup for all my media tho.