Best Buy Ad from 1994

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
MAN .. in 97 my first plan with AT&T I had 30 minutes of talk for a cheap $49.99 a month .. and it was like 10 cent for every minute over..

Hard to believe I/We lived with 30 minutes a month with no issue .. now anything under unlimited is laughed at..

man I used to have US cellular for my cell phone service. I swear, I got unlimited anytime minutes back in 2003. I thought I was ballin with that shyt. I didn't have any text back then, but I could sit on the phone and use long distance til the cows came home. that shyt was like $69.99 back then, which wasn't crazy expensive compared to what companies like at&t and verizon were charging for little to no minutes.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
True but 2d was old news at that point. I believe if Sega just took it's time instead of rushing out subpar products, Sony wouldn't exist today. It'd be Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft or even a Sony/Microsoft console.

sony would still be around.
the ps1 was the 32 bit nintendo.
nintendo tried to be big shots about it, and said fukk sony.
sony, was like;

:childplease:

oh okay,......

y'all :ufdup:

nintendo got on some premature boss shyt, forgetting how they whooped everybody, and said fukk all y'all licensee's like:

capcom

major fukk up city and here we are.

nintendo should have cease and desist sony or had it setup to say hell nah.
you can't use that shyt,..instead they played big shot to sony and sony crushed their buildings.

i remember in 94 going upstairs from the strip mall.
they had an anime import store.
inside was probably one of the first ps1 imports from japan.
i remember playing the 3d fight game like, ooh,....this is gonna kill nintendo if they don't fix this shyt.

art barr

still a hardcore nintendo guy, tho..
yet and still nintendo ROYALLY fukkED'T UP.

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I bought a compaq desktop in 2001, and that bytch lasted until about 2010. I didn't use it past 2006 as a main computer, but I was using it as a server and backup for all my media tho.

how the hell did you get a compaq to last that long.
if i still had a compaq, i would still have eminem early my name is leaks.
right after it was done, too.

art barr

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Thread bringing me to tears.

Packard Bell

sTFwO.gif

First Graphics Card
Voodoo 2
20042010121.jpg

Can't remeber the brand of CD burner I had, but it cost me around $300+( well moms bought it ).

4North1Side2

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sony would still be around.
the ps1 was the 32 bit nintendo.
nintendo tried to be big shots about it, and said fukk sony.
sony, was like;

:childplease:

oh okay,......

y'all :ufdup:

nintendo got on some premature boss shyt, forgetting how they whooped everybody, and said fukk all y'all licensee's like:

capcom

major fukk up city and here we are.

nintendo should have cease and desist sony or had it setup to say hell nah.
you can't use that shyt,..instead they played big shot to sony and sony crushed their buildings.

i remember in 94 going upstairs from the strip mall.
they had an anime import store.
inside was probably one of the first ps1 imports from japan.
i remember playing the 3d fight game like, ooh,....this is gonna kill nintendo if they don't fix this shyt.

art barr

still a hardcore nintendo guy, tho..
yet and still nintendo ROYALLY fukkED'T UP.

Your right but I meant as in no PlayStation 2... But the more I think about it, its actually Nintendo who could of very well been in segas position today. All Sega had to do was scrap the add ons and release a console as powerful as playstation while being easy to develop for, they'd easily be in the game today. They had top notch AAA first party games on par with Nintendo during those days.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Your right but I meant as in no PlayStation 2... But the more I think about it, its actually Nintendo who could of very well been in segas position today. All Sega had to do was scrap the add ons and release a console as powerful as playstation while being easy to develop for, they'd easily be in the game today. They had top notch AAA first party games on par with Nintendo during those days.

it was never the quality of the nintendo games, tho.

getting a sega was like death bro.
only saving grace was the fact the ea sports games were fun.
yet, and still the ea sports games on nintendo were infinitely better in every way, too.

art barr

*remembers only one good nonarcade game on segamaster system, zillion.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
First and ONLY machine I bought (with my own money) was a GAteway 486/sx 33 .... after that its been stickly BYO...
Last year was the first time I purchased a "store" machine in almost 20 years and thats only because my wife wanted a laptop. Since then I got 3 other All-in-ones and 4 laptops.. The BYO phase is slowing dying

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
#LaserExcellence :ohlawd:

Funny thing is, I pulled out my OG ps1 (the one I got in xmas 97 or was it 96 :lupe:) OG memory card, and OG ps1 controller. AND THEY ALL WORKED.

:blessed: damn near 20 years and the shyt just worked, meanwhile my damn ps3 (og 60 gb) sounds like a damn 757 when I turn it on :russ: and my OG xbox 360 died after year 3 :scusthov:

Anyway, so much nostalgia looking at the best buy ad. Only thing woulda made it worst was if it was a sears/jc penny catalog or a toys r us ad. I use to make the illest Christmas lists :ohlawd:

:dead: