Best Acting Performances based on real people

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
William Wallace :what: is there any video of William Wallace so we can compare and contrast Mel Gibson portrayal?

I know we are just throwing out names but come on.
:russ: was waiting for someone to say this but for most of the ppl mentioned in this thread where we have no video to reference if the portrayal was accurate or not. Dudes are straight up just putting their favorite performances from actors that played real ppl but that's not what this thread is about.

Ps first names that comes to mind OP is Foxx in Ray & Oyelowo in Selma :whew:
Yo @Chief, I'm curious now. Why you say Denzel wasn't good on Cry Freedom? :patrice:
you don't have to be south African to see that his accent was terrible he was equally as bad and uneven in his performance in much ado about nothing while spitting Shakespeare but I suppose it's heresy to say such :francis:

Last edited:

FrankieLymon757

All Star
Supporter
Daps
3346-2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

4ac8f737b986bd756ff8ab89efe1c97e.500x279x1.jpg

:whew:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Jack Black as Bernie.
Saw that movie on a whim and fukking loved it.
One of his best performances (under Nacho Libre) and one of his most criminally underrated since he isn't acting like...you know, Jack Black in it.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Jack Black as Bernie.
Saw that movie on a whim and fukking loved it.
One of his best performances (under Nacho Libre) and one of his most criminally underrated since he isn't acting like...you know, Jack Black in it.
good one. I haven't watched it since I first saw it but I remember thinking holy fukk Jack Black is killing it right now! I wish he would play deeper characters like that. That role gave him a chance to do his singing shyt but completely within context of the character and setting.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
William Powell as The Great Ziegfeld
James Cagney as George M. Cohan
Greer Garson as Madame Curie
Patty Duke as Heller Keller
Charles Laughton as Henry VIII
Peter O'Toole as Henry II