Bernie Sanders Unveils Sweeping Policy Platform To Combat Racial Inequality

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Bernie Sanders Unveils Sweeping Policy Platform To Combat Racial Inequality

WASHINGTON -- A day after being interrupted by Black Lives Matters protesters at a campaign event in Seattle, Washington, Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) released a detailed platform on combating racial inequality.

Sanders' campaign posted the platform on his website on Sunday, and he addressed the issue of racial justice that evening in front of more than 20,000 supporters in Portland, drawing his largest crowd yet along the campaign trail. Nearly 12,000 people attended Saturday’s event in Seattle.

The platform delineates policy proposals pertaining to what Sanders calls “the four central types of violence waged against black and brown Americans: physical, political, legal and economic.”

Sanders proposes a series of police reforms, including the demilitarization of police forces, a federal program giving police body cameras, and increasing police transparency and accountability. He also calls for an end to mandatory minimum sentences for non-violent offenses and bemoans the disproportionate rate at which blacks are targeted by police.

“It is an obscenity that we stigmatize so many young Americans with a criminal record for smoking marijuana, but not one major Wall Street executive has been prosecuted for causing the near collapse of our entire economy. This must change,” he said. “We must address the lingering unjust stereotypes that lead to the labeling of black youths as ‘thugs.’ We know the truth that, like every community in this country, the vast majority of people of color are trying to work hard, play by the rules and raise their children. It’s time to stop demonizing minority communities.”

Vote for Hillary brehs....if you want to maintain status quo :sas1:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
this new policy was unveiled after the "hijacking" of his event.

:francis:

Breh, he's had the most consistent civil rights record of ANY of the candidates on either side. Its foolhardy to think you are making as statement by crashing the party of a dude who wants to be an ally.

#NoLeadership :beli:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Breh, he's had the most consistent civil rights record of ANY of the candidates on either side. Its foolhardy to think you are making as statement by crashing the party of a dude who wants to be an ally.

it's not foolhardy at all and Black people should continue applying pressure to any white so-called "ally", if you want to be an ally, you will meet our demands and echo them with your policy.

You don't come up with such comprehensive policy out of the blue

I'm sure it's purely coincidental that it was released right after his event was 'hijacked'

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

You really believe we have white allies don't you :francis:

You don't come up with such comprehensive policy out of the blue

That's a comprehensive policy :usure:

I read that shyt in like two minutes. He mentions income disparity for women and says absolutely nothing about income disparity for black men. Y'all gonna learn eventually there's no difference between white Republicans and white democrats.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
it's not foolhardy at all and Black people should continue applying pressure to any white so-called "ally", if you want to be an ally, you will meet our demands and echo them with your policy.

I'm sure it's purely coincidental that it was released right after his event was 'hijacked'

i see no pressure being applied to hillary whatsoever