Before copping MGS V, go ahead and play MGS4

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I loved MGS3 cause that shyt was superb but I just can't put any of em over Metal Gear Solid 1...I just remember how fukking groundbreaking that game was when it dropped..but technically MGS3 may have been the better game..only thing I didn't like about MGS3 was that the graphics on MGS2 was better...MGS4 is in last place in the series but it wasnt bad..it just wasn't great..

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
i liked it. i wouldn't replay it(tried once the trophy patch came but didn't feel like beating it again) but i enjoyed the experience and epicness.

and relevant to the thread...i also liked Alpha Protocol:skip: had a LOT of issues but i liked the idea of it. its not a game id recommend to people but it was a decent rent for me. once i beat it i sent it back to gamefly with the quickness tho:laugh:

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
I never played MGS3.

I thought MGS4 was a decent game, nothing to get angry at.

MGS2 I thought was excellent. It may have not lived up to the hype of MGS1 but it was still good in its own right.

MGS1 crushed buildings.

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
I never played MGS3.

I thought MGS4 was a decent game, nothing to get angry at.

MGS2 I thought was excellent. It may have not lived up to the hype of MGS1 but it was still good in its own right.

MGS1 crushed buildings.

IMO it goes MGS3>>MGS>>MGS4>>MGS2

:whoa: I ain't hating on MGS2 it's still a great game but in a series this great the bar is set really high :banderas:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MGS 2 was my shyt! MSG4 was a dope game imo, yeah it had long cutscenes but that shyt was piff. I remember people saying it was too much action dont but thats how gangsta Snake was, my nikka gave zero fukks about a stealth in certain situations.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Many people did. lol @ sitting through a 30 minute cutscene to play 5 minutes to then go and watch another 20 minute cutscene.

This is an exaggeration.

The first action in the game is nowhere NEAR 5 mins long :laugh:. After the opening cutscene, you literally get on the ground and crawl maybe 2 feet, and that's when the 2nd series of cutscenes begins and you have to wait another 20 mins.

Garbage, garbage game. :smh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
IMO it goes MGS3>>MGS>>MGS4>>MGS2

:whoa: I ain't hating on MGS2 it's still a great game but in a series this great the bar is set really high :banderas:

My sentiments. MGS4 has no replay value to me but that's only because I don't want to deal with the cutscenes.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I forgot about the installation pauses. That's the only thing I hated about that game. :pacspit:

Most of the boss fights were nothing to write home about either.

And watching snake goof around looking for cigarettes during all the cutscenes when everyone else was planning the tac ops was lame as fukk.

And... AND.... old snake was lame as fukk just on general principal and appearance. I used the young snake mask the whole game.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I still have yet to Play MGS4.:yeshrug:

Snake Eater was my Last Adventure as Solid Snake. :whoa:PAUSE:whoa:

May have to go back and Play 2 & 3 just to Reminisce like :ahh::whew::ohlawd::noah:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Sorry, thats not what i meant, exactly.

More in the line of, if mgs3 hadnt existed. sounded better in my head. MGS3 was a master piece, anygame would have had a hard time following that.

-DMP-
All Kojima had to do was make a good game that was packaged well...instead of forcing a $60 movie on us.

I'm over it by now, it was the most disapointing game I ever dealt with. I bought a PS3, ready...play...oh wait...

He is smoking a cigarette during the install screen that took FOREVER

I want to play online, but now I have to create an additional id just to play

I think outside of the boss fights you controlled the game for 2 hours.

Maybe that's why MGS V is only 2 hours :ohhh:

Hopefully there isn't a 45 minute cutscene in there :beli: