Before copping MGS V, go ahead and play MGS4

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i was dope at multiplayer even tho it was ass :yeshrug:
I went hard on MGO

But I ain't gonna front, it wasn't for everybody, and Konami/Kojima are retarded for making people basically sign up for a Konami ID just to play the game online. That alone killed the multiplayer over time. Stupid japs

Daps
compared to MGS 3 the GOAT, it's trash but otherwise I enjoyed it. That movie length final cutscene did throw me off though lol

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I loved MGS4. It was great on the first run. But playing that shyt over again and getting the full experience (watching every cutscene) is like watching a short TV series all over again. I won't do it for a long long time

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The game only had like 2-3 notable moments and the rest was garbage tier. The gameplay WAS TRASH. WORST PS3 exclusive imo by far!! Worst MGS game ever too. I literally didn't have the patience to sit through the epilogue and just cut the damn game off. It's funny cats call games like TLOU or Uncharted "movie" games when this game was the worst offender. Did I mention the gameplay was trash??

Horrible tps mechanics for a stealth game. Splinter Cell Blacklist felt much smoother in that aspect. Bland level design seemed to rear it's ugly head in Metal Gear Rising too, another over rated steaming pile of shyt. Those two titles should be stripped of the Metal Gear name.

Hopefully the MGSV demo that drops next month offers fresh gameplay as that looked like an upgrade over MGS4.

Oh and :pacspit: to those robot things I don't even remember what the fukk they're called. They were featured near the end of the game with you on some boat or something. Oh and :pacspit: them installations DURING gameplay. :wtf: This game should be ported over to Xbox so it can be removed as a PS3 exclusive.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The game only had like 2-3 notable moments and the rest was garbage tier. The gameplay WAS TRASH. WORST PS3 exclusive imo by far!! Worst MGS game ever too. I literally didn't have the patience to sit through the epilogue and just cut the damn game off. It's funny cats call games like TLOU or Uncharted "movie" games when this game was the worst offender. Did I mention the gameplay was trash??

Horrible tps mechanics for a stealth game. Splinter Cell Blacklist felt much smoother in that aspect. Bland level design seemed to rear it's ugly head in Metal Gear Rising too, another over rated steaming pile of shyt. Those two titles should be stripped of the Metal Gear name.

Hopefully the MGSV demo that drops next month offers fresh gameplay as that looked like an upgrade over MGS4.

Oh and :pacspit: to those robot things I don't even remember what the fukk they're called. They were featured near the end of the game with you on some boat or something. Oh and :pacspit: them installations DURING gameplay. :wtf: This game should be ported over to Xbox so it can be removed as a PS3 exclusive.
Conviction AND Blacklist were better than MGS4 if you want to talk about straight up stealth games.

People got caught up with the MGS hype and those inflated scores across the board. I bet if you told all those reviewers to play the game they'd be like...we gave this a 10? :wtf:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snake eater is the GOAT :krs: :krs: :krs:

The things you could do in that game:ohlawd:

Choking out guards without being seen :birdman:

Interrogating guards at knifepoint :whew:

Slamming guards to the ground :whoo:

Chilling in a box while they don't notice you :smugfavre:

Using girlie mags to distract enemies:steviej:

Holding up guards at gunpoint :banderas:

Stamina killing the bosses (and holding up The End for his camo) :win:

Blowing up their food/weapon warehouses and watching them walking around hungry and with no ammo wondering what happened :umad:

Ocelot and his random meowing:laff:

Having a whole empty river to yourself when you get to the Sorrow because you never killed the guards :youngsabo:

The Boss at the end :to:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Snake eater is the GOAT :krs: :krs: :krs:

The things you could do in that game:ohlawd:

Choking out guards without being seen :birdman:

Interrogating guards at knifepoint :whew:

Slamming guards to the ground :whoo:

Chilling in a box while they don't notice you :smugfavre:

Using girlie mags to distract enemies:steviej:

Holding up guards at gunpoint :banderas:

Stamina killing the bosses (and holding up The End for his camo) :win:

Blowing up their food/weapon warehouses and watching them walking around hungry and with no ammo wondering what happened :umad:

Ocelot and his random meowing:laff:

Having a whole empty river to yourself when you get to the Sorrow because you never killed the guards :youngsabo:

The Boss at the end :to:
MGS3 was immaculate from start to finish.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Trash compared to the godliest game of all time before it, MGS3: Snake Eater.

Still good though. Just that...good. Cutscenes took a lot out of it for me. Can't play it over and over.