Beetlejuice Beetlejuice #1 Again #1 Again | The Domestic Box Office Thread | Sep. 13-15

Which Movie will Gross More this Weekend?

• Don't Worry Darling

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • The Woman King

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not that this movie was ever going to do huge numbers, but that James Gunn announcement torpedoed the remaining DCEU projects. It's hilarious no one had any foresight about that:mjlol:

This is exactly like Dark Phoenix being destined to flop the moment the Disney/Fox purchase was official

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Exactly, I don't need connectivity to other stories in fact, that TAKES AWAY from the movie I'm watching...the best thing about the first Shazam is that it didn't do that at all other than acknowledging the other characters existence. Shazam 1 was a stand alone fun movie kids could like and it worked.

Sidebar;

The marvel family fukking sucks. Mary has always been alright, but Freddie and the others as heroes is distracting asf and nobody cares. This movie looks like power rangers vs CGI monsters. I am honestly very disappointed as a Shazam fan...

They really just needed Mary and Freddy, the rest were irrelevant

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Not that this movie was ever going to do huge numbers, but that James Gunn announcement torpedoed the remaining DCEU projects. It's hilarious no one had any foresight about that:mjlol:

This is exactly like Dark Phoenix being destined to flop the moment the Disney/Fox purchase was official
I absolutely abhor that movie too :scust:... gave it 1/2 star on letterbox. Abominable.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I really don't get DC/WB. Outside of The Flash they really out here sabotaging 2 straight years of releases. Shocked nothing negative has come out about BB yet.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I really don't get DC/WB. Outside of The Flash they really out here sabotaging 2 straight years of releases. Shocked nothing negative has come out about BB yet.
Scrapping Batgirl when completely done, when they own their own streaming platform was honestly malfeasance. At least make it a streaming release to add value to HBO max...wild

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Scrapping Batgirl when completely done, when they own their own streaming platform was honestly malfeasance. At least make it a streaming release to add value to HBO max...wild
And they scrapped everything besides the Harley animated so they're in desperate need of content. Unless Peacemaker season 2 and Waller are currently filming its gonna be dry. I know the Penguin show is filming but Batman content sans Batman is a roll of the dice.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Do what you gotta do:manny:

But a $300 million dollar budget for a movie from a publicly announced dead universe?:mjlol:

I know y'all like Batman 89 but :mjlol:

It's still gon eat....especially if we comparing this in a Shazam 2 thread!

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Shazam is an example of how the studios don't get it.

The issue is not superhero movies...its shytty superhero movies with no connection to the greater storyline or plot
Yea super heroes movies have to be good movies first and superhero second.

Marvel set the bar and just half adding it won’t cut it anymore. WB fukked up by putting out superhero movies just to say they have superhero, they thought they would ride marvels wave and aquaman gassed them by doing numbers. But post pandemics that lazy style of film making is not working no more

When they announced James Gunn was taking over they should have sent all them movies strainght to max. It might’ve increased subs again.

I also think these movies when they are apart of a bigger picture since a lot of these characters have intertwining stories from the comics. It’s only right.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shazam is an example of how the studios don't get it.

The issue is not superhero movies...its shytty superhero movies with no connection to the greater storyline or plot
Forcing every superhero movie to have a 'connection to the greater storyline or plot' is literally the worst part of modern superhero movies.

And it doesn't even fukking matter because Gunn is throwing all this shyt out anyway.