been fukking around with the Suno AI music maker

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Prompt:

"96 bpm bass heavy hip hop song with bay area slang prominently included in lyrics"

Result:

:lupe: yeah this is starting to get legit spooky

Another one:

"a hip hop song about leaving earth to travel to the north star" :mjpls:

Result:

It's clearly referencing 1 particular artist each time it generates something, one of the alternate Bay Area songs was clearly a G Eazy reference and the north star one was clearly referencing Don Toliver/Travis Scott. What's interesting is how it connects the prompt to the particular reference... I ran outta credits but now I want to see someone input a prompt that spits out a GZA/Lupe type result :mjlol:

Within 6 months this shyt is legitimately gonna be indistinguishable from 80% of playlisted music :francis:
North Star song could be a hit

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This shyts wild. Spotify knows all your likes and gonna start serving up AI artists, no payout required. Or people will have the ability to generate music specifically for them. I can create new “Sade inspired” tracks and not even have to care about actual artists. The stuck in the 90’s dudes in the booth gonna cream their pants creating new Prodigy and Wu Tang Clan songs :heh:

RIP to being a music artist

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah, I mentioned app this a couple weeks ago. This shyt is next level.

I said back in that other thread, music was next after video.

I used to make beats and can say straight up this is some crazy shyt. It's only beta.

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This generation coming up about to listen to the most generic music in history, art without expression, film without a vision.......... :picard:
what's crazy is a lot of the artistry has ALREADY been sucked out of it with what we have now.

i do think that if you take a musical genius and give them AI and the tools to work with it you can probably produce some music that is incdedibly pleasant to the ear, dare i say you could probably take a genius and create a classic on paper with generative AI assistance easily.

and i promise you AI in music defenders will say that you can argue an era died when computers became involved in the first place (and they might not be wrong to some extent, but it still required something), but generative AI is a different monster. I'm someone who is not musically trained at all, fukked around with an MPC and fruity loops in high school, but couldn't make shyt that fully sounded good. i could get a little something going, a nice baseline or something melodic, but just from having listened to music for years and having good taste in my opinion, I can now use the generative AI to actually fill all the gaps I was missing.

now imagine an actual musical genius with it, let alone a semi trained one. they'd blow the little bullshyt i made tonight out of the water with ease.

music is going to become something different. the people with the highest powered tools are going to be in an ivory tower as always, but also with all the algorithmic information on what people listen to on top of it. especially now that most music consumption comes through apps not the radio/our physically owned media.

the problem with AI in music for the actual musicians is there's no union like film. there's no fukked up hand that people can see in an AI image to even the untrained eye. music is definitely going to be the first industry cannibalized by this shyt if it hasn't been already.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
What's crazy about it is that it's musical. It's not like 4 bar loops.

It'll pull-out/drop back in instruments, build songs up/break it down, play riffs, inflections, dynamics, etc.

shyt, it's more musical than some beatmakers and producers I know.

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I mentioned app this a couple weeks ago. This shyt is next level.

I said back in that other thread, music was next after video.

I used to make beats and can say straight up this is some crazy shyt. It's only beta.

i think music is first because most people can not pick apart music like you can see the flaws in a video

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
Prompt:

"96 bpm bass heavy hip hop song with bay area slang prominently included in lyrics"

Result:

Another one:

Result:

It's clearly referencing 1 particular artist each time it generates something, one of the alternate Bay Area songs was clearly a G Eazy reference and the north star one was clearly referencing Don Toliver/Travis Scott. What's interesting is how it connects the prompt to the particular reference... I ran outta credits but now I want to see someone input a prompt that spits out a GZA/Lupe type result :mjlol:

Within 6 months this shyt is legitimately gonna be indistinguishable from 80% of playlisted music :francis:

North Star (Top 40 version) remix

V2 is cool but V3 Alpha is more impressive. It's still on beta phase and prone to make mistakes but it's looking real promising.

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
Prompt:

Result:

Another one:

Result:

Naw no fukking way. This is legit something you’d here on the ready these days. I am actually creeped out.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
How is this any different to the other AI app that made the Drake song people were raving about on here??

Daps
Reppin
St louis
How do i make an account??
I'm gonna fukk with it.
UKVu0t8.gif