ali_wong1.jpg

Bro she bad af nothing to put your finger on lol

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This show is so good
This is kinda what I wanted fresh off the boat to be but I suppose Netflix gives you more freedom than broadcast tv

You know what's crazy though asians have such privilege because I know for a fact a black cast would get killed for the amount of casual anti white racism coming out of danny's mouth.
I mean I guess he is supposed to be a good dude on some surface level but the minute he reduces everyone down to whether someone is sleeping with/being controlled by white people reminds me a lot of hoteps or super militant black people

Its funny af but imagine for a second if a black man could get away with calling out black women for sleeping with white men. Let alone be the main character in a prestige drama/comedy

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
This show is so good
This is kinda what I wanted fresh off the boat to be but I suppose Netflix gives you more freedom than broadcast tv

You know what's crazy though asians have such privilege because I know for a fact a black cast would get killed for the amount of casual anti white racism coming out of danny's mouth.
I mean I guess he is supposed to be a good dude on some surface level but the minute he reduces everyone down to whether someone is sleeping with/being controlled by white people reminds me a lot of hoteps or super militant black people

Its funny af but imagine for a second if a black man could get away with calling out black women for sleeping with white men. Let alone be the main character in a prestige drama/comedy

If this show had a black cast we would see endless articles about how BM hate BW. Look at how the men are portrayed in this show....None of them positive. The lazy brother, the stay at home husband and the criminal cousin....and of course you have the angry independent working woman....This show would be heavily scrutinized if it had a black cast.