Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
That's why I say the 2nd week returns is obsolete when it's making the same numbers as the last Harry Potter film that was HIGHLY CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED. It only mean that the vast majority of people seen it that 1st week. That last Harry Potter film only made 47M its 2nd weekend. If it's beat or ties that.... means nothing here or there. Of course the Marvel Stan boys going to say it has a worse drop than Wolverine Origins, negating the obvious that Origins nowhere NEAR made as much as BvS its 1st week making the 2nd week drop pathetic. The comparison is best served for Harry Potter being that it made almost equally as much, but Harry Potter may have a larger drop while still ending up being the most successful film of that entire series.

I see ur point but Harry Potter international money is where it got its big money. Looks like bvs gonna drop off historically internationally. I mean you got two iconic figures like superman and batman and you can't beat the other movies with less notoriety? Wonder Woman popular too. Smh.

Smh having to make 900+ million to break even. Ridiculous aspirations.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Yeah but that's because it was very frontloaded. It's already out everywhere and has had a major drop off not only domestically, but in China as well which is the biggest market next to North America.

Nothing is impossible but it's unlikely it hits a billion.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2 dropped a whopping 72 percent in its second weekend

still made 1.3 bil

marvel stans got all types if excuses lmao

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I think it's more like critics want good movies and don't get them, but that's besides the point. One only has to look at the popularity of a guy like John Cena to realize a square-jawed all-American hero can still draw money. Sure, adults boo his ass but kids have been eating his shyt up for a decade. Or even take a look at what Marvel has done with Captain America. The truth is that if you give kids a hero who is strong, kicks ass and looks good doing it, they'll eat it up. And if you present that straight-laced hero in an actually engaging story, adults will eat it up as well.

DC has no one to blame but themselves for continuously trying to make Superman edgy or whatever you want to call it which only ends up taking away from the traits that made him the first and still biggest superhero of all time.
Lol at this bullshyt, the same critics that labeled Superman dead beat baby daddy a good movie :mjlol:

There's a reason they keep Captain America in an ensemble bc solo that motherfukker can't carry a fukking movie :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lol at this bullshyt, the same critics that labeled Superman dead beat baby daddy a good movie :mjlol:

There's a reason they keep Captain America in an ensemble bc solo that motherfukker can't carry a fukking movie :pachaha:

nobody went to see winter soldier for widow and falcon :comeon:

Disgustya Stallone

Daps
I'm surprised at the critical reaction, not so much the audience drop off it's not a movie you'll go see multiple times with the whole fam or especially with kids.

I was surprised Man of Steel did more than Superman Returns for the same reason (at least I think it did more?).

Still find it funny how most of y'all applauding the drop straight dissappeared after the Weekend/Monday/Tuesday numbers :sas2:
so f*cking true, these stan ass f*ckboys where ghost while bvs was breaking records all week

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
nobody went to see winter soldier for widow and falcon :comeon:
Yet Disney felt the need to add those characters:lolbron:
If Cap could carry a movie by himself they wouldn't keep fukking adding characters to his movies, Cap 3 about to be the real Avengers movie and not that turd call Ultron:mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yet Disney felt the need to add those characters:lolbron:
If Cap could carry a movie by himself they wouldn't keep fukking adding characters to his movies, Cap 3 about to be the real Avengers movie and not that turd call Ultron:mjlol:

Is that why thy added Batman and Wonderwoman to their second movie or nah?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
no, they added those characters to jumpstart the DCEU

are you some kind of idiot?

Oh OK. Marvel did a series of solo movies first then the Avengers. So who was more desperate to give a character support in a movie Marvel or DC?

hqdefault.jpg

Disgustya Stallone

Daps
Oh OK. Marvel did a series of solo movies first then the Avengers. So who was more desperate to give a character support in a movie Marvel or DC?

hqdefault.jpg
marvel obviously, they 12 movies into their CU, yet still throwing every char onto their "solo" movies