Batman: Arkham Knight | PS4/XB1/PC

Daps
Reppin
damn nikkas always bytching about something.

gameplay will come at E3.

that game looks SICK. IMO the reason to go and grab the next-gen consoles. This one is definitely a next gen system seller. I'm grabbing the PS4 when this one comes out.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Origins was really underwhelming, I'm glad Rocksteady's back on deck for this one. But if The Joker ends up being behind everything again, I'm gonna do absolutely nothing but complain on the internet about it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: at people asking about game play. This is the 4th game, we don't know how it plays by now? They ain't making any major changes, they already have a winning formula.

Fred.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
:dwillhuh: at people asking about game play. This is the 4th game, we don't know how it plays by now? They ain't making any major changes, they already have a winning formula.

Fred.
People wanna see how big of an impact the vehicles will have. That's gonna change a lot compared to the previous titles.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Fred.
Idk man, a trailer saying "gameplay trailer" with little to no actual gameplay footage is kind of misleading.
First off, Freeflow is coming back, and this by itself means a lot.

This allows you to keep the combat multiplier going, even after you’ve taken an opponent down, and laid on some ground and pound. You also get the nice Reversal system, which allows you to deflect an opponent’s strike, and then manipulate them into hitting the ground, a wall, or what have you.

You can also take opponent’s weapons and use it against them, and it seems this system will be highly improved. You can even use the environment itself against your enemies, turning edges of walls and other locations as hazards.

There is apparently a new element called a Fear Takedown. This is a stealth based takedown with a time slowing element, to allow you to take each enemy down efficiently. If you’re good, you can take as many as three enemies at the same time.

Now, we’re moving on from Freefall. In previous games, bigger opponents had the ability to tackle you and hit you on the ground. Now, all your enemies have this ability. This move can be dodged or countered, but it adds to their repertoire, so you need to be on your toes.

As we noted before, the grappling hook has seen some improvement, and now you can change direction midway while using the hook, even going 180 degrees.

Another interesting element involves flight. Batman regains an ability he had in the 8-bit games; he can now use Batarangs while mid-air. So that’s two weapons you can use while in the air, adding new attack options in the game.
I'd like to see this. I know it's coming at E3 but w/e.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Idk man, a trailer saying "gameplay trailer" with little to no actual gameplay footage is kind of misleading.

I'd like to see this. I know it's coming at E3 but w/e.

I guess they should've said "in-game footage" instead of "game play" but the video was what I expected a month before E3. :yeshrug:

Fred.