Bartenders Might Think I'm An a$$hole....

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
Lower NY and the city that's pretty much the standard.

nah thats not the standard in the city, if u at some fancy ass bar maybe 6 dollar a beer will fly, but your average bar gonna be 3-5 dollar draft beer and I'm in manhattan. I tip well but not as much as i used to. I swear i used to think the bartenders would fukk if i did lmao i learned a lot.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
nah thats not the standard in the city, if u at some fancy ass bar maybe 6 dollar a beer will fly, but your average bar gonna be 3-5 dollar draft beer and I'm in manhattan. I tip well but not as much as i used to. I swear i used to think the bartenders would fukk if i did lmao i learned a lot.

5 dollars for a draft is pretty much the average in Manhattan. Domestic bottle is 6, while a Heineken is usually 7.

Unless its Happy Hour.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
The spot i go to, the beers are 4 bucks and i usually get 2 along wit 2 hennessys(str8) @ 6 bucks a pop.

So if im out by myself, im spendin at least 20 on me to even get a nice buzz

:skip:

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
i tip waitresses/waiters

lol @ tipping a bartender

brah u a bartender the fuk u want extra coins to tend the bar:heh:

tipping has clearly got out of line though, when u realize some waitresses start at like 7-9 dollars an hour (in canada) compared to the normal minimum wage of 10.50 or whatever. The entire bar establishment business has essentially conned its customers into paying a portion of their workers salaries.:pachaha:

No matter where you're spending money, you're paying a portion of the workers salaries. Restaurant owners just realized that bartenders and wait staff can make a ridiculous amount of money on tips and negotiated to pocket some money of their own by essentially taking those tips right back out of their workers salaries.

I always tip but I get the threadstarter's point. If I drank beer, I don't think I'd feel like tipping the person just for taking a drink out of the fridge and taking the cap off. I can't imagine they are even expecting much of a tip for that. The comments about free stuff are true, I've had tons of drinks I never paid for but it typically doesn't apply to cans or bottles since they are usually inventoried. If you drink draft beer or mixed drinks, it's a different story because they can keep refilling for free here and there so you save money and leave a bigger tip.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
No matter where you're spending money, you're paying a portion of the workers salaries. Restaurant owners just realized that bartenders and wait staff can make a ridiculous amount of money on tips and negotiated to pocket some money of their own by essentially taking those tips right back out of their workers salaries.

I always tip but I get the threadstarter's point. If I drank beer, I don't think I'd feel like tipping the person just for taking a drink out of the fridge and taking the cap off. I can't imagine they are even expecting much of a tip for that. The comments about free stuff are true, I've had tons of drinks I never paid for but it typically doesn't apply to cans or bottles since they are usually inventoried. If you drink draft beer or mixed drinks, it's a different story because they can keep refilling for free here and there so you save money and leave a bigger tip.

Yep. If you plan on drinking a lot always drink draft beers. They cant give away the bottles because they're inventoried. Just make sure you know the bar....a lot of places dont clean their taps.

And yeah I understand the threadstarters point as well. There are bartenders and waiters out there making pretty damn good money.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
And btw, who are these niccas BANKING on “free” drinks/wings/shots? :aicmon: Where the fukk are yall going? Yall may luck out once in a while, but aint no successful businesses run like that. Niccas in here talmbout, “b-b-b-b-b-but da pwetty white lady gave me a free coaster and asked how my day was….She likes me and I’m gonna tip/trick” :sitdown:

B1tch don’t care bout chall! :krs:
No i tip because i always go to the same places, i tip because as a regular who brings clients to these places , the tab can go up, so i tip because they always take care of me. On the real i could just get my drinks comped most of the time, so if i have money to spare, i will tip. Shots were for female clients, give a little get more back the way i see it.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Lower NY and the city that's pretty much the standard.

Cool man, but thatshyt sounds pricey lol....i worked in Boston for a bit, and ur right, 6 plus for a decent beer is at most bars....

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
:beli:

this nothing to be proud about it just means you don't live anywhere that poppin... Big city prices on average are around that for drinks. If you don't want to tip for drinks then cop a six and sit your ass at home u broke ass bums.

:rolleyes:

i live in a big city. this dude going to bars to sit by himself and and drink 2 beers and go home. if i want a cheap beer and not tip, ima go to portillo's, a restaurant

a fab one at that

:queen:

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
but, um....i don't tip. fukk paying $6 for a beer and being expected to give an extra $1 to the bartender.

bartenders looking at me like :comeon:

i'm like :takedat:

seriously, these bars are raping dude's pockets. i'm good. i love beer, but no way am i spending $7-8 on a single beer. are these nikkas serious??

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

what bar in ny is doing 3 dollars for good beer?

:usure: