Barry (The Best Show You’re Not Watching)

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
This took the bad taste of GOT out of my mouth :wow:

Barry is scarier than Micheal Myers god damn :gucci:

I don't understand the hate Sally gets from people. Out of all the annoying shytty leading female roles there have been in cinematic history, she's actually pretty decent.:ehh:

great season and excellent season finale. The only thing I question, which maybe nitpicking, is why should Gene be so naive and believe Fuches (even though Barry did it). Like dude didn't know Fuches at all yet he finds her in the truck with Fuches, which he declares Barry did it and runs away. If I was Gene I would have thought Fuches was the culprit. But I guess I'm digging to deep into this.

Overall I think this series is a 8/10, maybe a 7.5/10 which isn't a diss to the series at all because that still a highly rated rate for a series.
My only problem (which could be nitpicking again) is how no one seems to connect the dots around all these extreme violent deaths that have only started to happen when a former Marine joins the group. That shyt keeps bugging me for some reason lol.

And for that sole purpose I feel like net season needs to be the final one. Next season everything finally comes to ahead with Gene finding out Barry is the killer and with the russians/cops shyt. Anything after season 3 would be milking the series just to do it and would overall ruin the series by adding logic gaps for the main reason a lot of people ending up dead and yet no one seems to question barry.

I could see HBO doing some wack ass shyt like extending it to two seasons where Barry has finished Fuches, Gene, and Noho all in season 3. Just for them to do some time skip where they make all the characters in the acting group look clueless by still being around barry but adding a bunch of new actors to the group and gangsters in town to add drama. I could see us all now ranting on how it should have ended a while ago.

I hope tht doesn't come true.

great seaon finale

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only thing I question, which maybe nitpicking, is why should Gene be so naive and believe Fuches (even though Barry did it). Like dude didn't know Fuches at all yet he finds her in the truck with Fuches, which he declares Barry did it and runs away. If I was Gene I would have thought Fuches was the culprit. But I guess I'm digging to deep into this.

I'm sure he remembers this.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I don't understand the hate Sally gets from people. Out of all the annoying shytty leading female roles there have been in cinematic history, she's actually pretty decent.

The character is selfish, shallow and a lowkey idiot

I think we're supposed to see that in the writing similar to the way we see Gene

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Overall I think this series is a 8/10, maybe a 7.5/10 which isn't a diss to the series at all because that still a highly rated rate for a series.

My only problem (which could be nitpicking again) is how no one seems to connect the dots around all these extreme violent deaths.

I think this show is easily an 8.75 if not 9. This show is really apex TV. From the acting, to the directing to the pacing.

Season 3, like you mentioned, should also be the last. Give it 10 episodes an close this on a high. Bill Hader and the entire crew have done their thing. For the lesser actors, this should be seen as a stepping stone for bigger work.

Concerning people mot connecting the dots, I think it’s commentary to the self absorbed/superficial nature of the acting world. We see it from the talent execs at Gersh, from Sally and the acting crew, Gene etc. People are so caught up in their own worlds that they never really stop to put two and two together. Remember earlier this season when Sally came into Barry’s room and there were bullet holes in the room but she even stop to ponder what was going on? When Ryan died Gene even said that wasn’t his first student to be gunned down and it wouldn’t be the last.

It took the loss of a lover and Fuches telling Gene about Barry for him - Gene - to connect the dots. Gene remembered Barry’s monolouge and his confession about his time in the military.

I think there narrative fidelity concerning thr cast’s aloofness to Barry’s true nature.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I cant believe barry capped them. They looked up to him:mjcry:
There's no going back now. When that light bulb went out and he walked into total darkness, that was it. :wow:

The ending for this show finna be dark as hell. All these scenarios running through my mind. That's one thing I love about this show...even though it's a comedy they have no problems with keeping it real.:wow:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn this is nearing GOAT status just after 2 seasons :wow:
The third season might be the last the way everything is shaping up. I can low key see Hader going the U.K. route and just end it with 3 seasons. Barry is always 2 steps ahead of everyone like John Wick but he can’t beat everyone. He’s gotta get caught sooner or later because he doesn’t have anyone else on his side :FrancisWave:

Sally is a big time narcissist I can see her easily not caring about the fact that she lied because now she has some clout and critical acclaim. Her agent might be the one to snitch before Sally does :ohhh::mjpls:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Damn this is nearing GOAT status just after 2 seasons :wow:
The third season might be the last the way everything is shaping up. I can low key see Hader going the U.K. route and just end it with 3 seasons. Barry is always 2 steps ahead of everyone like John Wick but he can’t beat everyone. He’s gotta get caught sooner or later because he doesn’t have anyone else on his side :FrancisWave:

Sally is a big time narcissist I can see her easily not caring about the fact that she lied because now she has some clout and critical acclaim. Her agent might be the one to snitch before Sally does :ohhh::mjpls:

Honestly, Hader should end Barry next season. He's earned his stripes as a director and actor. Give us a tight, 3 season show and don't drag it out.