Barbie Live Action Movie Thread for HUNKS and HOTTIES - 8 Oscar noms

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
What's crazy is Ken's arc is literally him learning to get on his purpose and stop chasing women.

It really was the message for men. But it also helped that Barbie curved him every time he tried to get with her. :mjgrin:

And yeah Barbie basically tells him at the end to be a man and find his own path without her.

Also there were obvious similarities to the Matrix and Pinocchio that worked well. And while it was about nostalgia it worked better than other toy movies or nostalgia bait films because it was written more coherently than those other movies.

So it's clear why it resonated so well with women. Because it's about being a woman, also mothers and daughters and the friction between the two and how they can possibly work things out.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched. I feel like the messages, which were dope and important, were better than the actual movie itself. It was funny for the most part, but I found the plot to move along in a clunky way and the mother daughter relationship evolved from bad to good without any real compelling justification from what was happening in the plot. Their relationship just sorta…improved…cuz they did shyt…together.

I’m a fan of the messages, though. Took my teenaged son. Said it was eye opening and really good.

Also very visually dope and integrated music well.

Overall I’d give it a 8/10.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I just saw this with my wife. It was an okay movie.

What’s funny is this shyt could’ve easily been a flop but it had good timing + great marketing

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
I found the plot to move along in a clunky way and the mother daughter relationship evolved from bad to good without any real compelling justification from what was happening in the plot. Their relationship just sorta…improved…cuz they did shyt…together.
Even though I agree with you for what happened in the movie, its funny cause this really how shyt work IRL sometimes

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Pleasantly surprised. Movie was pretty damn good. Great themes of struggles of mother/daughter relationships, the modern female identity and how Barbie fits into that being such a popular toy, and self actualization. It got preachy toward the end, and was a little too on the nose with the supreme court references, but it was a fun ride and got a couple belly laughs out of me.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
so in Barbie lore, there's a character called Raquelle who's an anti-barbie? and loves ken?
this is good sequel material :jbhmm:

The M “She” U haters can’t take another successful Barbie movie :pachaha:

It’s no secret that Mouse about the Bag and if these woman keep running to the box office and making the pockets bigger…. The next Avengers finna be an all woman line up:russ: