Barbie Live Action Movie Thread for HUNKS and HOTTIES - 8 Oscar noms

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I disagree with you that from reading this thread you'd think this movie is controversial. Something like 90% of posters who have seen the film liked it. I can 100% understand people not liking the movie. The movie has flaws and I could see someone writing a well written review and giving it a 4 or a 5 out of 10 and understand where they are coming from even though I think the movie is great. However, the biggest Barbie detractors seem to be unable to do that.

Almost every negative thing I've read about Barbie is:

A) a lie
B) 10 word blast most of which use the word gay and/or woke
C) Some delusional 15 min YouTube ramble about how Barbie will destroy the future

and this notion that this is somehow a "us vs. them" dynamic is some right wing bullshyt. People don't give a fukk about what Ben Shapiro and his kind are saying or doing. This is not some leftist dream machine trying to hypnotize the masses. It's just a fun movie with a pretty positive message.

This film was created by women for women. Instead of dudes acknowledging that this movie wasn't made for them and being okay with that, they rant on YouTube about how this one film is going to destroy a generation. lol Because the number of alpha male podcasts that demean women are perfectly healthy for young boys.

Yeesh. Let women have their things.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It’s been bugging me all night because knew I heard America’s speech before. They practically copied TikToker @cayleecresta’s popular rant.

As soon as she started I was like yo did they just plagiarize someone? I don’t know how they thought they would get away with it. But maybe they paid her or something. That would kinda suck if they didn't give her anything for it.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This film was created by women for women. Instead of dudes acknowledging that this movie wasn't made for them and being okay with that, they rant on YouTube about how this one film is going to destroy a generation. lol Because the number of alpha male podcasts that demean women are perfectly healthy for young boys.

Yeesh. Let women have their things.

:whoa:.

I agree with your overall point but Barbie is for everyone. :ufdup:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
It’s been bugging me all night because knew I heard America’s speech before. They practically copied TikToker @cayleecresta’s popular rant.

As soon as she started I was like yo did they just plagiarize someone? I don’t know how they thought they would get away with it. But maybe they paid her or something. That would kinda suck if they didn't give her anything for it.

This speech has been around for decades in various forms and because of that I felt it was one of the weaker parts of the movie.