Barbie Live Action Movie Thread for HUNKS and HOTTIES - 8 Oscar noms

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
from reading this thread it seems the movie is controversial

it aint even that deep to me...
its a corporatized product placement filled big budget movie that uses culture wars to put the viewer at ease

the story is lame
writing is lame

nothing new

but it makes people feel like they're apart of something...

for instance someone negged me with "fakkit" because I said I didnt like the movie
(which is ironic because this is a gay movie)
so they did a good job at creating a 'us vs them' dynamic that makes viewers passionate about the movie...which means they'll make a lot of money :yeshrug:

I disagree with you that from reading this thread you'd think this movie is controversial. Something like 90% of posters who have seen the film liked it. I can 100% understand people not liking the movie. The movie has flaws and I could see someone writing a well written review and giving it a 4 or a 5 out of 10 and understand where they are coming from even though I think the movie is great. However, the biggest Barbie detractors seem to be unable to do that.

Almost every negative thing I've read about Barbie is:

A) a lie
B) 10 word blast most of which use the word gay and/or woke
C) Some delusional 15 min YouTube ramble about how Barbie will destroy the future

and this notion that this is somehow a "us vs. them" dynamic is some right wing bullshyt. People don't give a fukk about what Ben Shapiro and his kind are saying or doing. This is not some leftist dream machine trying to hypnotize the masses. It's just a fun movie with a pretty positive message.

Imback

Banned
Daps
I dont get what the fuss is all about. Movie was a 5/10.

Surprised to see all the good reviews in here. Maybe shyt just went over my head.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
If you all thought Barbenheimer was an event, just wait until September 29th when PAW Patrol and SAW X are released on the same day. The kids are going to love it! SAW Patrol, here we come! :blessed:

steve-spurrier-spurrier.gif

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I’m going to see this tonight. I have high expectations because everyone I know who has seen it (all women) said it made them laugh and cry a lot. I kinda think I know what it’s going to be about and why it’s making women cry. I hope it delivers the critique and fun I’m expecting.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I hate to burst the studio's bubble but Saw and paw patrol don't have the same power that Barbinhimer did
paw patrol is for like 5 year olds so no childless adult is making their way to see that
i saw Paramount try it on twitter and it was a good laugh though :laff:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was pretty damn good. It plays like an independent artsy statement film, which is kind of wild considering it’s literally produced in part by Mattel. I loved the messages about the effects of patriarchy on men and women and the idea that men can start defining manhood apart from their relationship and impact on women. I don’t see how anyone could hate that. We all need to be free from these antiquated norms that limit who we can be. One of the speeches about the contradictions of being a woman was taken nearly verbatim from one of my favorite tiktokers. I hope they give her credit. Anyway, Ryan Gosling stole the show. I hope he wins something. And Margot was really amazing in her naunced performance. I’d give this a 8.5 out of 10.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This was pretty damn good. It plays like an independent artsy statement film, which is kind of wild considering it’s literally produced in part by Mattel. I loved the messages about the effects of patriarchy on men and women and the idea that men can start defining manhood apart from their relationship and impact on women. I don’t see how anyone could hate that. We all need to be free from these antiquated norms that limit who we can be. One of the speeches about the contradictions of being a woman was taken nearly verbatim from one of my favorite tiktokers. I hope they give her credit. Anyway, Ryan Gosling stole the show. I hope he wins something. And Margot was really amazing in her naunced performance. I’d give this a 8.5 out of 10.
a lot of dudes would be better mentally if they realized they were Kenough:wow: