Barbershop 3: The Next Cut (Official Thread)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I really enjoyed this movie. It was much better than the second one, and almost as good as the first one. I thought all of the actors did really well, and the script was tighter, more cohesive, realistic, and funnier than I was expecting. I was surprised at how well Nicki Minaj fit in here, and I think she actually showed some promise as an actress. There were some predictable and heavy handed moments, but nowhere near the trite preachy tone of a Tyler Perry movie. Overall, very fun and it had a great message.

Two thumbs up.

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
Finally got around to see it today with my mom (a delayed b-day/mother's day gift lol). I have to say that I really enjoyed the movie.

Though the plot was predictable (could've used a better script and in some spots better acting), I got the message they were trying to put out. Like another poster mentioned, I have to say they really underused Regina Hall's comedic talent. She didn't really have any standout moments which is a shame. (I love me some Regina...:ahh:) I thought Deon Cole and Lamorne Morris were notable scene stealers. I see some people didn't particularly care for his character but I thought Lamorne played his role really well. It was also good to see a lot characters back including Anthony Anderson as J.D. I liked how his character made the huge come up but showed he was still the same nikka from the first movie. I had my concerns with casting Tyga and Nicki but Tyga's role was lmited and Nicki was well...Nicki. I never watched Boardwalk Empire but I'm a new fan of Margot Bingham. Something about her brehs...:noah:

For a sequel coming this later (12 year gap right?), it did really well at the box office especially knowing what The Jungle Book was going to do. :salute: to Cube and company for their effort.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I really hope Daughter Maitland become a thing in Hollywood, I need to see her all the wack ass black movies possible