Barbershop 3: The Next Cut (Official Thread)

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Movie really surprised me. Trailer looked weak but this one is probably better than the first two. This is what Chiraq should have been like.

Deon Cole was the funniest part throughout the movie..loved him on Blackish hate that he left.

Why he leave ?never seen before want to check out his work

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I've got to agree with the positive reviews. It was a pretty good movie and when I saw it, I'd hoped that it'd at least get 2nd in the box office. Knew "Jungle Book" was going to do numbers. Good to see Kenya Barris succeeding more out here.

After the movie, I was thinking about how a lot of the actors in the movie were rappers as well and how there weren't too many noticeably weak performances from the ones I hadn't seen on screen too many times before.

Tyga was actually pretty solid.
Nicki was kind of limited, BUT she played her role well.
Common's been solid in my book since "Luv". His arguments with Eve had me like :obama:
Hadn't seen Eve in a while, but she's fairly seasoned by now.
Cube is Cube is Cube, but I like Cube, so it is what it is.

One thing I couldn't stop thinking about was how Cube and Com had their problems in the movie and ended up buddy-buddy again in the end. The whole time, I'm thinking about "The bytch In Yoo". :heh:

Like I said in another thread, every time Nicki walked away, there was like a collective breath between all the men in the crowd. Silent :noah:'s as if every guy was telepathically going...

:whew: :wow: :takedat:

...but yeah. Good story. Agree with those that say they wish Chi-Raq would've taken this route with their storyline.

Oh, and...

As soon as I saw that clean-cut kid leave for school after sweeping up at the beginning of the movie, I tapped my friend like, "Yep. That kid's obviously going to die later."

Then, when he came back to say it was alright outside during the cease-fire and everyone said "Good-bye" to him. My friend tapped me like, "Yeah...you're right."

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Why chi-raq gotta take this route though? Then instead of having two diverse films to view we'd be complaining that we already saw this movie.

Still don't get why people going at a filmaker so passionately and personally because they didn't like a film(and this part ISN'T directed at you @luckyse7enz or anyone with a valid critique. Just the people attacking spike like he lucifer)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
i liked it, but I can't say I was entertained as much as I was the first two barbershops though, probably too many characters